Mayors camping inside the PD with max taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit:
4.5: the mayor
Your version of the rule:
4.5 The Mayor
The Mayor may not add-to, remove-from, and/or modify the Paralake Penal Code. The mayor may only take shelter inside the Police department to hide from a direct attack, The mayor may only stay in the Police station for 10 minutes after an attempt on their life has passed.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
Mayors already get access to a building that it’s impossible to sneak inside due to elevators being the only way in or out. Mayors hiding inside the police station also can negatively affect people’s role play and gameplay experience, as the mayor being inside the PD allows people to raid it, which puts dispatcher, and possibly also civilian lives at risk and Prolongs peoples detainment as the jail area can not be used, resulting in people remaining cuffed and unable to play the game for as long as the raid goes on.

Furthermore, it causes the PD to be burned, which can affect the gameplay experience of people both roleplay wise and game play wise, as fire can cause FPS issues to most players.

Also, for the sake of gameplay and balance, a mayor setting high taxes shouldn’t remain unkillable for lesser experienced players or slightly under performing shooters in the sense that they’re deep in the PD behind locked doors which in order to unlock, you have to Bobby pin or crowbar in an area without cover. The Entrance to the meeting room and dispatchers office suffers the same layout flaw as the old evo city apartments, where bobby pinning one makes shooting Through the door a guaranteed kill.

Reaction score
This is a good idea, however just to provide more clarification. Blackdown has previously stated that it would be unrealistic for the mayor to get guarded by Heavy TFU, hiding in the PD for an extended period of time, because they should be doing their actual duties. There should also be a cool down on how long after the 10 minutes pass, until they can go back and hide. For example, someone attempts to assassinate the mayor, fails, the mayor goes to PD for 10 minutes comes out and then another attempt occurs, only 30 minutes later, after the first time he went to pd, he should be allowed to hide back in the PD.

Reaction score
This is already against the rules and enforced. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to clarify it clearly.

Reaction score

My similar one was denied unfortunately.

Definitely believe it should be a rule, I dont believe it is actually against the rules if this got denied @Code Monkey

Reaction score
even if you have good intentions as the mayor, there will always be some sweat that's going to try and assassinate you for the hell of it. This rule benefits nobody but the perpetrators. I can't count the amount of times i set high taxes to gather funds and i just get rdmed without warning its dumb

Reaction score
This used to be mentiond in the rules when swat was still a thing if I rember correct.

Reaction score
  • Staff
It’s not RDM if you set taxes unreasonably high and get killed for it. Its a gameplay aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.