Status
Not open for further replies.

Mim

Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Mimball

IN-GAME NAME: Jimmy Brown

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:79638161

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:

I have been thinking of applying for enforcer for a long time, but things have always held me back from going for it. So here goes

I'll start off by saying that I joined PERP late 2015 and have been with the community ever since. When I joined the thing that most interested me was the police side of PERP because the system was so much different to other servers. I played perp throughout 2016 and 2017 however took a break during 2018 to focus on my personal life for a while. I came back to a completely different PERP in 2019 and started to work my way up in the PD, achieving the rank of Lieutenant in only 8 months and Captain in just over a year.

I have always thoroughly enjoyed my experience within PERP always learning from mistakes and striving to improve myself as a player and an officer. PERP has played a big part of my life in the years stated above, always being somewhere I can come and play and have fun knowing that the staff team are working hard on stopping rule-breakers from ruining the experience and I would like the chance to give back to the PERP community and help do the same thing.

One of the things that was stopping me from making this application was because I know what people are going to say. 'You're a cop main, you don't understand the criminal side of perp'. This is partly true. I am a self-confessed Cop Main and anyone that knows me will know that I take great pride in the work I put into PLPD and trying to better the Road Traffic Unit. One of the things that the PLPD has taught me and helped me improve is my confidence and leadership skills but also has developed and transformed my rule and law knowledge. But you might say 'You don't understand the criminal side of perp' I have played as a criminal in PERP, done my fair share of killing, bank robbery's and raids and completely understand the rules surrounding such things. Being the PLPD Cop Main I am, I have had to deal with many situations where I always try and come to a fair and reasonable conclusion for both parties. Dealing with supervisor situations I always try and make the officer understand where they have gone wrong and how to improve and stray away from punishments if they show a willingness to improve. My administrative positions in the PLPD such as Internal Affairs and Complaint Committee has allowed me to investigate into allegations quickly whilst giving a fair and reasonable conclusion at the end. This is a skill I believe is a transferable skill which would be useful in a position like an enforcer, being able to investigate a situation whilst giving a fair and conclusive verdict.

I always put my heart and soul into what I do and I believe that if given the chance to become an enforcer would be able to give my all into such a role and give back to the community. I encourage those of you that have never had the chance to properly talk to me or speak to me in-game to come and find me and have a conversation. I am extremely active and if I got enforcer would transfer those hours to staff.

I believe that being an enforcer will challenge me and present new experiences that I can learn from and develop as a better player and also improve myself as a person.

Here are some of my characteristics:
  • Leader
  • Honest
  • Empathetic
  • Good at working in a team
  • Good Listener
  • Very Organised

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: Yes, I'm on the Teamspeak everyday and due to this lockdown around 9am to 10pm. If you need anything just send me a message.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:

Thank you for reading my application, I know it's not very long and it is my first attempt at writing an enforcer application. If you have any questions feel free to contact me through an inbox PM along with any concerns.

REQUIREMENTS:

In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:

1. Your time played on the server must be at least one week. Yep
  2. No warnings within the last month or bans within the last month, this includes both the forums and the server. Yes, below is my ban and warning history haven't gotten a warning for a year and haven't been banned since 2016:

88cbccbe3d6f996af090365b7465c5fe.png
    c159a80e21b1232051e949f5bbcb43ca.png
  3. You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them. Yes
  4. You must have access to and use a microphone. Yes
  5. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server Yes very, normally in the Road Traffic Unit command channel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like you a a lot and I have no doubt that you thoroughly know the rules but I’ll give you the advice I was given when I first applied; be active in help chat, do more criminal roleplay and make more reports.

Doing that will prove to anyone who had doubts in your abilities, your great rule knowledge.

However personally knowing you, I know you would be a great candidate for enforcer. Therefore I will give you a +Support

Mim

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback! I always try to be as helpful as I can, when asked for help 9/10 I can give it. But thank you for the feedback, means a lot!

Reaction score
I fail to understand as to why he should switch up his role-play to become a staff member, you can gain knowledge about the criminal side being a Police, either ways, rules apply the same way in both jobs. Also is there a thing as common sense, if you use actual realism to the appliance of the rules, and obviously with thoughts that it's a video game in the end, I don't see how it can go wrong just because he doesn't play much criminal roleplay.

Reaction score
I don’t necessarily think you need to do that, just you said yourself you think people will have issues with it because you main cop. I gave advice for that inevitability. Like I said, I think you’re a perfect candidate but as you said, people will have issues with you maining cop so you gotta prove to them.

• Useful
Reactions: Mim
Reaction score
you’re right, but doing criminal rp helps you learn lots of the rules in-depth through experience. Also I don’t see him play crim but that may just be me lol

Reaction score
@flugs Maining cop isn't a bad thing though, neither is it a thing that should be taken into account, you can't force someone to role-play as something they don't want, if he is capable being staff whilst being only Police, then why withhold them from being staff?

Reaction score
I’ve definitely been handed the wrong end of the stick here. He said because he mains cop people will have issues with it; so the best way to fix those issues is to play the opposite and play criminal.

Reaction score
@Ashur of course it isnt, Ive been recently doing it too. I never said it was bad but like I said below, if he wants to change the cop main opinion there’s an easy way to change that. I’ve said 3 times I don’t think he should change himself and that I think he’s great for the role but i’m going off what he said.

Reaction score
@Ashur I agree, cop maining isn’t bad and people who main cop are perfectly capable of being great staff. There’s some structured opinion now that if you’re a cop main you can’t be staff, whilst I don’t agree with it people have definitely made points that I agree with; like how as a cop you don’t experience a lot of situations that are crucial to being staff.

Reaction score
+SUPPORT
Since Ive joined Perp, I have seen that Mimball has perfect rule knowledge. He not only knows the rules but he also follows them. I have never seen him toxic or annoyed. Hes always helping people on the server and thats not only in the PLPD. Would be an amazing staff member :p

Status
Not open for further replies.