Murtsley's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Murtsley

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:45194560

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:

After one and a half clear years without a mishap¹, I think it's reasonable for me to assume that I'm in a good place to post this application. I have been a member of this community off and on since the start of 2014, I have seen the community go through many changes, and not all for the better. I note a lot of problems within the staff team at present, this tension mostly arising from the implementation of rule 1.2, I believe that as an enforcer, I could be a soothing force upon the community with my reasonable approach to rule enforcement.

I enjoy playing this game, and I constantly moan about aspects of the game, it would be hypocritical of me to moan about different issues without actually trying to solve anything. I enjoyed rule enforcement during my time as a moderator in the years (off and on) c. 2014-2016.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

My experience is undeniable, I have experience as a mediator as a legal practitioner², I have applied my methodology to in-game matters such as policing, I was a moderator twice in the past, and have been a helper once. I believe I could be a great asset to the staff team and I hope that you will consider me for the position. Riekelt has already come back with his traditional style of rule enforcement, and I think we can all agree that more of that would be a good thing. I believe my recommendations from other players also speak volumes about my character and I hope this will be brought into the assessor's considerations when discussing my application. With regards to my work commitments, I do not work on weekends and I finish reliably at 5-7PM.

Feedback is appreciated but please ensure that it is constructive - Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate in putting them in the comments.

(1) This is a note concerning the incident in 2016 whereby I abused my moderator permissions to cause problems for the rest of the staff team in response to an act by another moderator known as Matstar, further details might be able to be discerned from my apology in 2019, here.

(2) I am currently a Paralegal/Incoming trainee solicitor at a reputable law firm in North Wales with experience in dispute resolution, commercial/residential property law, academic intellectual property, criminal law, litigation, and all areas of private client law. I hold both a Bachelor and Master of Laws degree with experience in lower court advocacy (Magistrates and County Courts).

(3) Please find attached herewith images of the ban noted in (1) above:
1587812430483-png.8325

Reaction score
As soon as I read this application and tabbed back into the server I was greeted with you apparently taking out in-character situation to OOC and generally displaying a very poor attitude towards another user.

As a legal practitioner that you say you are you really lose your grounding fast and resort to OOC arguments (with rather weak attempts at insults) instead of making a report or IA complaint on the user.
I can not in the right mind support this application for someone to be enforcing rules with this kinda attitude towards another user.

Reaction score
He didn't break the rules, IA complaint is in progress.

I see no issue with the first post.

The second is merely a response to the attitude he demonstrated on scene and throughout the OOC matter, he's attempting to besmirch my character, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to respond.

Reaction score
-Negative support.

I personally would not want a toxic user and over all rude, in a staff team which is meant to support the community, not bully other members. From the screenshots provided by @You sure -.-' ?, I would agree with his decision and I will not support this application due to your toxic behaviour towards other members in the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.