my dispute: a footnote

rat

Reaction score
note; this thread is for discussion of the topics brought up, please dont chat shit and let's have a constructive conversation about these issues.

So, my dispute was accepted-ish (wherein it is acknowledged the ban reason does not reflect my actions in the slightest,) and my ban was lowered, all good right? No, not really, because the issues surrounding this ban once again highlight the glaring inconsistencies surrounding getting reported on duty.

The reponse to my dispute was as follows:

e3ceb9477b272fccab5172f322060a62.png

I don't know about any of you, but to me the justification for upholding the ban was for use of excessive force as an officer. Usually this would have been dealt with via an IA complaint but as it was already dealt with administratively (under a completely different understanding of the circumstances,) it was decided to only lower the ban to a week.

I'm just pointing out, I've been banned for a week for excessive use of force as an officer, something that is supposed to be dealt with by IA.

My initial ban reason was for 2.5. However, I don't see how stopping a chase initiated by another user is excessively negative. I used tools that I had in RP to deal with an already escalated situation. What I did was completely viable within the rules. I concede that it may have been excessive force but if there wasn't this blatant misunderstanding of the situation from the initial moderator I contend I would not have been banned at all, and an IA would have been made instead.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, it wasn't excessively negative, it was excessive force. The response to my dispute sounds way more like a response to an IA than a ban dispute and I think this whole thing is a fucking shitshow of inconsistent staffing.

Good day sir

FluidBruisedAltiplanochinchillamouse-small.gif

Deleted member 5920

Don't act like an idiot and you won't be treated like one. You need to stop acting as if you're innocent, the only thing you do as officer is minge around, I personally find it funny but if you are going to be a minge, expect to be treated like one. Just to be clear, I am not against that, I just have the brain power to realise that you will be treated as you act. The staff team have never once claimed they treat all situations equally in fact I remember Senior staff always insisting each ban is different due to background ect. You were banned for what would probably be a verbal warning at most majority of time but due to your bad behaviour is a ban as you clearly show no regard to other people's enjoyment.

TL : DR: Don't complain you're treated the way you act.

rat

Reaction score
Yeah its ok to be target good job

Didnt break any rules butstill get banned? Its ok because ur a minge xd

Deleted member 5920

Did I once say staff targetted you? I said they gave you a harsher warning due to your bad record and actions, so yes if you view with any sense of reason it is okay. And you did break the rules, you broke 2.5 but due to your bad record it was more than just a talking to, can you not understand that?

Reaction score
Considering you didn't actually kill him it's a fucking meme you are still stuck with the weeklong ban. The guy you shot ran over a cop and proceeded to flee in front of 6+ cops all with guns drawn while unarmed. He should've been done for 3.4, and for all you knew he was yeeting into slums gas station to pull a gun. Seems like staff are grasping at straws to me. If they wanted to ban you for your trolling then they should put it in the reason, but changing the reason just to deflect blame and avoid admitting fault is dumb.

Reaction score
did you even read the post? Its quite clearly targeted since if any other user was put in the same situation it would have gone to an IA complaint. Staff aren't supposed to "treat you how you act" because they are supposed to be unbiased and enforce the rules equally.

Deleted member 5920

?????????????????????????????????????

And where are they supposed to be unbiased? They take bans and warnings into consideration which is by definition a bias.

Reaction score
Seriously your ban is a joke.

Firstly I'd like to point out that the person who you killed tried to kill an officer, quite obvious he should be shot down because he's a threat to you and the other officers, this executes rule 2.5 as it seriously has nothing to do with this
Players may not excessively impact the experience of others in a negative manner, unless the actions are a proportionate escalation of negative actions that have been performed against the original player.

For example, it is not acceptable to:

Intentionally mug and targeting new players.
Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
Killing a player over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.
Killing a player after mugging them because they’ve seen your identity.
Intentionally steal a car to wreck it without any valid reason.

I can't see anything in this rule that your ban goes under, first time I'm actually going against administrator’s discretion, your ban is a pile of shit.

If @Cole wants to explain your whole ban and go in by detail why you're banned i'd beg him to.

the furry who got exrobite banned, fuck you seriously it's a joke you even reported it, i'll be sure to point out every single rule i see you violate and make an AR or a report about it.

Deleted member 5920

@John Daymon So I can't talk about bans because I was banned ages ago? I am not saying don't get banned, I am saying don't act surprised when you're treated how you're acting, I speak from experience.

Reactions: Piz

rat

Reaction score
OwO, WHATS THIS,

A AR HANDLED BY ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO REVIEWED MY BAN??? COULD IT BE?

Opening fire on unarmed, fleeing suspects isn't a matter for IA you say? Big thinks

I'll let the staff team sum it up

3ce814e463ee833229ebcfc8a9a57428.png

Last edited:

rat

Reaction score
ah but good sir someone in a similar position to me was outright told he did not break any rules by doing the same thing i did

wheres my standards and how do i double them