Officers shooting out tires of vehicles while they're parked

Should police be allowed to shoot out tires of vehicles?

• Yes

• No

• Not during bank robberies

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
As the title and poll suggest. We're discussing about police officers shooting tires out during bank raids and raids in general.

Seeing that your average PERP car is useless when the tires are shot out (Popped), this becomes incredibly annoying and becomes pretty much impossible when trying to escape from a scene. Your car is disabled and if you try to run, you'll get run over by a police cruiser or shot by a TFU with a sniper rifle.

Personally I see this as negatively affecting gameplay. If you want to temporarily disable the suspect's vehicles, just place spikes near them. It's that simple.

Now I know there's going to be a bunch of people seeing this as "then be more tacticool" situation. Really? Please give me a way of escaping that is not through the park or regals overpass. I mean there's only one or two routes you can take to run from bank and you're in the open for the most part...

Now as the title says as well: "PARKED", I don't mean otherwise. If the car is moving, there's no issue.

TL;DR: Shooting out tires is aids and isn't really fair, nor positive for the gameplay.
Many officers always complain about nothing to do, but everything they do is to do things to end as fast as possible.

Please leave your opinion on this particular topic. Try to be constructive with your criticism.

(Next on Tilin is triggered on the forums: Officers not willing to participate in hostage situations, rather let the hostage die than do any RP)

Reaction score
  • Staff
But it is performed by chiefs themselves as well as Law 4.3 allows you to do so.

Reaction score
  • Staff
@Brinch first time I joined back a year ago, it was done by him in front of my eyes. WDYM. He shot out tires of two cars parked in front of CH while the mayor was being assassinated. Neither law or policy has changed and it's being done by TFU every day.

Reaction score
No, if anyone does this, they will be punished.

If you mean the chiefs are doing this, i'd suggest providing evidence of it rather than making comments like that. Back them up.

This is AGAINST policy and ALWAYS will be. You may NOT do this, even if you start defending yourself.

You cannot bend the law to fit your personality or how you wish to treat property.

If an officer does this make an Internal Affairs Complaint.

@Momo

Reaction score
  • Staff
@Fielding

Thank you for your input.

I have the same view on this situation, but because generally the TFU team mostly does this.

Not too long ago I assumed it was okay as well, seeing that higher ranks performed this. But after I started going civ a bit more, I noticed how aids it is and how boring it makes it.

Reaction score
Samuel said to me, go pop all their tyres, and there was about 20 cars he said to do it to

Reaction score
if you're thick enough to park your escape vehicle right outside the place you're robbing, you're a nubshit. Just go through the park or regals and pick up your vehicle there. In my opinion, if your car is inside the police perimiter area, and the tires get popped then you shouldn't be complaining.

Reaction score
It gets shot out no matter where you park... Where else can you park if you can't escape any other way...........

Reaction score
Vehicle cant be used in a crime if the police shoot it! Just like people cant break laws if the police murder them beforehand

Reaction score
Usually the only place I pop tires is at a bank robbery, if you dont want to have your 1k worth of tires popped then park it somewhere less obvious?

Reaction score
Police should be giving lifts to criminals and helping them rob the bank not stopping them!!!11 It ruins rp and makes game hard for me.

latest

Reaction score
"SHOOT THE TIRES, MURDER THE MEDIC REVIVING THE SUSPECT, SHOOT DOWN PLANES TO PREVENT CHEMTRAILS!" - Every police supervisor during a bank robbery.

Its always been a thing I've been scratching my head about. It doesnt seem right to assume that those are robbers cars and not the 4 NPCs cars.

Reaction score
Where? - For it to be a proper spot to still be able to escape.
The money is not the issue.

Reaction score
Let's not mention how if it was license plates you would not assume it's their car.