Server Suggestion organized illegal racing made easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: organized illegal racing made easier
Suggestion Description:

Inspiration

as inspired by an old clip i saw of a racing event I want now an organized illegal racing app with the ability to host a group / race. this idea is a lovely way to put more competition between criminals in more creative ways than drug trafficking or raiding.

event mentioned: https://streamable.com/1jxfft

Setup Roleplay
host of the race will have the ability name a price for joining the race (entrance fee), list a number of laps (minimum 1 - maximum 5), input a timer max timer (minimum 1 minute - maximum 10 minutes) before race is over and input also pick a pre-scripted track that map enthusiasts unlike myself can draw out to make racing more interesting than just a bunch of loopty-loops then finally pick a time the race will occur + assign a spot to meet up at.

Government Employees will not be able to access this app and Criminals who wish to street race can.

The host has to allow for a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 15 minutes for all racers to join so the host can't say "race starts in 1 second" and screw over all the people somehow before the race is disbanded due to inactivity. A minimum of 2 racers must be involved and the host may not count as a racer.

Each racer which views the race hosted, reads the description explaining the rules (if any) of the race and decides they will pay the entrance fee as listed giving the host the money (if race is disbanded due to inactivity money is refunded) placing them as a racer on the members list of the race. They will be shown a timer ticking down until the race is disbanded as well as how many racers and who is involved and finally a map of the track they will be racing on.

Race
Finally the host gets everyone together, he tells them to line up, the racers line up as commanded to by the Host then the Host opens his app and host would typically count down from 5 themselves (or have some flag girl do it i guess like in the movies) presses "Start Race". The race starts and the UI shows up for racers that explains their lap vs laps finished, timer vs the max amount of time will start and who's in what placement will show. They will race with the cars they brought until the timer is over or until all contestants finish their laps. First place contestant takes 50% of the overall deposited money which was pooled using the entrance fees and the host takes 50%.

Icon...maybe?
I spent like less than 5 minutes trying to make what I thought may work as a icon for the app shown below. Idk, im not a graphic designer u tell me what u think.

Why should this be added?:
- Balanced way to host an organized street race
- Fun and exciting new crime which seems pretty easy to implement
- New way for criminals to compete and make money besides Raiding, Growing Drugs or Mugging.
- New skill dynamic of street racing will be more prominent
- Improve people's general driving skills and cause less 3.15''s over all
- RTU vs Street Racers sounds very fun
- Rewards roleplay as this is pretty roleplay oriented with the setup
- Let's people show off their beauties in action without getting in trouble for blazing past red light on intersection
- RTU will be more useful than before
- Makes stealing cars to use in a street race a whole more fun

What negatives could this have?:
- People might enjoy it too much and cops would be annoyed or criminals might be annoyed about car payments or dealing with racers too often.

Useful Images:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sadly because of the map being smaller. This would only lead to tragedy on the roads. I can smell the 6 car pileup at city Bridge. I say just try your luck with it anyways and see how it goes.
to be completely fair this just makes it easier on people like me who already own businesses which host underground racing by using technology to better the quality of life for us and popularize racing making it more easy to find people roleplaying big priority crimes without needing for it to be a shootout but instead a large scale event just like a bank robbery is.

Reaction score
Or use the
to be completely fair this just makes it easier on people like me who already own businesses which host underground racing by using technology to better the quality of life for us and popularize racing making it more easy to find people roleplaying big priority crimes without needing for it to be a shootout but instead a large scale event just like a bank robbery is.
Oh OK I see wym now, yeah this would be cool.

Reaction score
Sadly because of the map being smaller. This would only lead to tragedy on the roads. I can smell the 6 car pileup at city Bridge. I say just try your luck with it anyways and see how it goes.
As Simon said, the best way to have this done is just off-site. You can perhaps setup a site (or form) where interested parties can sign-up, register their cars for various leagues (like skill based matchmaking), and host/announce them as you see fit. I believe we've seen this done quite a bit back in the day. I don't mind the races, and I think they are fun!

Then again, with your reply, I can be misinterpreting something, I just think we don't need the app.

Reaction score
This could all be done through tooter. I think I would rather we look at how to make tooter better/alive rather than make a whole new app!

Reaction score
As Simon said, the best way to have this done is just off-site. You can perhaps setup a site (or form) where interested parties can sign-up, register their cars for various leagues (like skill based matchmaking), and host/announce them as you see fit. I believe we've seen this done quite a bit back in the day. I don't mind the races, and I think they are fun!

Then again, with your reply, I can be misinterpreting something, I just think we don't need the app.
an app is way more immersive and convenient to use than a third party website imo

Reaction score
This could all be done through tooter. I think I would rather we look at how to make tooter better/alive rather than make a whole new app!
That's completely false. Organizing a group and setting them into categories and tiers then logging their numbers and stuff while working on notifying them all simultaneously is so different from tooter along with collecting money for the entrance fees or the method of which the host uses to split the money or collect the money from each contestant, teaching tracks, selecting and voting on tracks, communicating and organizing, . I agree tooter generally should be used more but the app has nothing to do with it and saying "no, just use tooter" is just as if we had never had a AI NPC for bank robberies and people who don't ever do bank robberies saw a suggestion to add the NPC but replied "just do it for roleplay and act it out."

The goal is many things which were listed that simply put can be positively game-chaning, take it from me as somebody who hosted many races and heard my contestants out.

Reaction score
an app is way more immersive and convenient to use than a third party website imo
But for something like this, there can be /so much more/ done to encourage these events!

I'd bet if you followed my advice of collecting interest in-game/on forums, finding people (or leaving public) a link to a Discord server or group chat, had some registration process (so a Chrysler 300C doesn't go up against a Bugatti), get a few friends to help you organize it, you'd find so many who'd jump at the chance.

That's completely false. Organizing a group and setting them into categories and tiers then logging their numbers and stuff while working on notifying them all simultaneously is so different from tooter.
You'd be able to accomplish all of this with roles, channels, etc.

Reaction score
I get what you are saying, I just feel if it’s an ‘underground’ race there should be chaos. Street races aren’t pretty, there are crashes and cheating - that’s part of the risk!

Reaction score
But for something like this, there can be /so much more/ done to encourage these events!

I'd bet if you followed my advice of collecting interest in-game/on forums, finding people (or leaving public) a link to a Discord server or group chat, had some registration process (so a Chrysler 300C doesn't go up against a Bugatti), get a few friends to help you organize it, you'd find so many who'd jump at the chance.

You'd be able to accomplish all of this with roles, channels, etc.
isn't that literally meta gaming and immersion breaking?

Reaction score
+1,i support this idea,as i would most likely enjoy racing(If my Audi wasn't always tiered)My only problem is the small map size causing collisions(Like Simon said as one fuck up from the racers could make it significantly more difficult if your doing more then one lap on the same track,as chances are they are still going to be there crashed out.

Reaction score
Whilst scrolling through suggestions I found this, as someone that frequently sits in their McLaren doing laps around the city and trying to get a better time than my previous one I think this is an amazing Idea. I love the idea of being able to race and make wagers against other criminals!

gaz duppy

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: organized illegal racing made easier
Suggestion Description:

Inspiration

as inspired by an old clip i saw of a racing event I want now an organized illegal racing app with the ability to host a group / race. this idea is a lovely way to put more competition between criminals in more creative ways than drug trafficking or raiding.

event mentioned: https://streamable.com/1jxfft

Setup Roleplay
host of the race will have the ability name a price for joining the race (entrance fee), list a number of laps (minimum 1 - maximum 5), input a timer max timer (minimum 1 minute - maximum 10 minutes) before race is over and input also pick a pre-scripted track that map enthusiasts unlike myself can draw out to make racing more interesting than just a bunch of loopty-loops then finally pick a time the race will occur + assign a spot to meet up at.

Government Employees will not be able to access this app and Criminals who wish to street race can.

The host has to allow for a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 15 minutes for all racers to join so the host can't say "race starts in 1 second" and screw over all the people somehow before the race is disbanded due to inactivity. A minimum of 2 racers must be involved and the host may not count as a racer.

Each racer which views the race hosted, reads the description explaining the rules (if any) of the race and decides they will pay the entrance fee as listed giving the host the money (if race is disbanded due to inactivity money is refunded) placing them as a racer on the members list of the race. They will be shown a timer ticking down until the race is disbanded as well as how many racers and who is involved and finally a map of the track they will be racing on.

Race
Finally the host gets everyone together, he tells them to line up, the racers line up as commanded to by the Host then the Host opens his app and host would typically count down from 5 themselves (or have some flag girl do it i guess like in the movies) presses "Start Race". The race starts and the UI shows up for racers that explains their lap vs laps finished, timer vs the max amount of time will start and who's in what placement will show. They will race with the cars they brought until the timer is over or until all contestants finish their laps. First place contestant takes 50% of the overall deposited money which was pooled using the entrance fees and the host takes 50%.

Icon...maybe?
I spent like less than 5 minutes trying to make what I thought may work as a icon for the app shown below. Idk, im not a graphic designer u tell me what u think.

Why should this be added?:
- Balanced way to host an organized street race
- Fun and exciting new crime which seems pretty easy to implement
- New way for criminals to compete and make money besides Raiding, Growing Drugs or Mugging.
- New skill dynamic of street racing will be more prominent
- Improve people's general driving skills and cause less 3.15''s over all
- RTU vs Street Racers sounds very fun
- Rewards roleplay as this is pretty roleplay oriented with the setup
- Let's people show off their beauties in action without getting in trouble for blazing past red light on intersection
- RTU will be more useful than before
- Makes stealing cars to use in a street race a whole more fun

What negatives could this have?:
- People might enjoy it too much and cops would be annoyed or criminals might be annoyed about car payments or dealing with racers too often.

Useful Images:
love race idea completely but map gotta be bigger for a good race
make this race come true been long

Reaction score
not everything needs a system, just ask some people at bazzar "wana come race man" and just have fun
That's a bad take.

For example, imagine if the system for surrendering didn't force your weapons to drop and for you to not cancel it. Surrendering would be less meaningful.

As the guy who's literally hosted countless races, Trust me when I say a system is necessary if we want to make races enjoyable despite the map being max size. With proper checkpoints and systematic limitations on cheating, racing would actually be feasible.

In addition, more race tracks are unlocked since any race host can create a custom track based on ANY road he picks by simply putting a checkpoint.

Otherwise, it would be impossible to tell whether someone cheated or not and without a doubt many races would just spiral into murder or shootouts over cheaters. You see the same system implemented even on FiveM servers and it works out beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.