Server Suggestion Panic Alarm/911 Button for two legal jobs

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Implement a panic button for roadcrew workers as they're government employees. Usually they're the target of petty crime when they're towing a illegaly parked vehicle and could use it to alert Police when their life is in threat and/or in immediate danger.

Also implement some sort of panic alarm or a 911 button for taxi drivers to alert authorities or locals around the vehicle when also their life is being threatened and/or in immediate danger. Possibly also add some sort of "silent alarm" where the taxi sign on top of the vehicle flashes on and off.

Both panics/alarms should send your current location to Police.

Why should this be added? (pros): Would protect more of the legal job employees that face some sort of danger when people can't behave, especially for roadcrew since they seem to get the most abuse from others.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Not all new players are too familiar with the concept of gunpoint and might press the panic alarm, breaking the rules. They might also not know what a panic button is for and might just press it whenever they feel like it.

XNXa3tL8.gif

Reaction score
first time hearing about a tow company with panic buttons you know it would make more sense if it was specifically a police tow truck but I don't see any PLPD labels on it trying to make it away then contacting the cops should always be the resort, or a life alert would make more sense... I like your taxi idea but falls a bit useless as nobody even plays it

Reaction score
first time hearing about a tow company with panic buttons you know it would make more sense if it was specifically a police tow truck but I don't see any PLPD labels on it trying to make it away then contacting the cops should always be the resort, or a life alert would make more sense... I like your taxi idea but falls a bit useless as nobody even plays it
Taxi one just popped into mind, the job is already dead as is and might be a good addition if it ever gets reworked in the future.

As for Roadcrew you have to hope you have some competent guy actually picks up your 911 call, RC does work closely together with the PD (Police are able to read the /rc channel) and even have a unit radio for other roadcrews which is another first I heard so far.

Last edited:

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
This would be abused massively. I can see it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This would be abused massively. I can see it.
As in randomly pressing the button for no reason or to what extent?

RC workers are government workers so they still have to follow the law under rule 4.1. If anything they would be the ones to received the punishment from this if they abuse it.

Reaction score
As in randomly pressing the button for no reason or to what extent?

RC workers are government workers so they still have to follow the law under rule 4.1. If anything they would be the ones to received the punishment from this if they abuse it.

You're right but I have to agree with Ophelia here, people would just abuse this feature, specially sweaters, and it would be a nightmare for the PLPD. I know that the staff team would punish them but there are a lot of times where there are no staff online or they're busy.

(And lets be honest, no one will make an AR just to get a random guy banned for pressing his panic button)

Even if I love your idea I believe it would bring way too much problems when compared to the good it would do to the server.