Perp "RP" Situation

Reaction score
So had this crazy idea that night that is what if Perp went back to its roots and became an actual serious RP Situations all around where people are actually afraid of shooting a bullet because they know if they are arrested or if their gun is taken that's a huge loss in their economic wallet!. Back in 2014-2017 I remember playing the server with no cops vs robbers scenario every where and people actually cared about other people randomly shouting their name without them knowing each other!. Would really love to hear the community's outlook on this and please don't flame or insult just keep this civil and largely opinionated.

Reaction score
I remember playing this game as a kid back in 14-15 and only ever having pistols and being terrified to shoot because it meant you’d be surely arrested

I was like 11 back then though so I may have just been bad at the game

Reaction score
The issue is only a fraction of the people who complain about there being little amounts of roleplay on the server themselves aren’t doing anything to try change that and half the people who are trying to change it are either only doing it for the recognition of doing so or doing so expecting there RP to 100% go only in the direction that they want it to without interruption or any sort of real grind.

Around 2017-2019 we had this awkward phase where in order to be popular, all you had to do was hold a high PD rank or be in a high success rate crime organisation and players only aspired to be at least one of the two.

Reaction score
The issue is only a fraction of the people who complain about there being little amounts of roleplay on the server themselves aren’t doing anything to try change that and half the people who are trying to change it are either only doing it for the recognition of doing so or doing so expecting there RP to 100% go only in the direction that they want it to without interruption or any sort of real grind.

Around 2017-2019 we had this awkward phase where in order to be popular, all you had to do was hold a high PD rank or be in a high success rate crime organisation and players only aspired to be at least one of the two.
I as a user on perp who is donating to the server am doing something by role-playing as a Fire fighter sometimes trying to help people who are for example stuck and what not so I am trying to actually role play rather than just be a FF when there is a fire at puffers or something. All the respect!

Reaction score
I remember playing this game as a kid back in 14-15 and only ever having pistols and being terrified to shoot because it meant you’d be surely arrested

I was like 11 back then though so I may have just been bad at the game
this brings back memories, scared shitless of the popo

Reaction score
There is a lot of issues that do not encourage RP and the biggest ones are the amount of money in the economy, how easy it is to make money, how easy it is to get guns. People right now are not scared of losing guns because of how easy they are to get and it just mostly involves criminals driving around and just killing cops for the sake of killing cops, bazaar is dead because crafting is dead why buy something when you can craft it yourself for 90% of the original gun price, there needs to be a massive overhaul of skills (make them useful) and the drug system since the way it currently is it's only going to get worse and worse

Reaction score
I've been in-active for probably up to a year now, I come back on recently for the Christmas present stuff etc and noticed people selling VIP for like 90k for a month, when I last played you could get it for 65k at the very lowest, so I feel the reason why people just shoot and shit like that is because the economy is kinda broken with the amount of money and guns everyone has.

• Winner
Reactions: Mim
Reaction score
I've been in-active for probably up to a year now, I come back on recently for the Christmas present stuff etc and noticed people selling VIP for like 90k for a month, when I last played you could get it for 65k at the very lowest, so I feel the reason why people just shoot and shit like that is because the economy is kinda broken with the amount of money and guns everyone has.
I mean, it always used to go up and down from 65 to 90, probably just happened to be at 90 at the time you joined now

Reaction score
i think the economy needs sigificant reform its just filled with people looking to kill and sit for hour's growing drug's also rp is basically non existent its just people growing drug's for 7 hrs a day finding a excuse to put there booger hook on the bang bang switch of there ak and go nut's the server needs better ways of making LEGAL money that can compare closely to crime such as growing drug's etc also inflation is a issue as players have flooded the perp economy will ill gotten cash sometimes in the millions and prices havent kept up meaning some players dont bat an eye at a 20k loss due to loosing guns also car's are expensive as well

Reaction score
As much as it would be great to get back to those "Serious Rp" days I think that is almost hard to achieve that. Not only because people are rich or the economy is broken. But mainly because the player base changed. To elaborate, most of perps player base have matured and got more important stuff to deal with irl. So now perp became more of a game, as it should be, than something to be serious on. Perp became more of a thing to chill in. Most people chill and have fun via raiding, some few others have fun with RP.

Reaction score
Everyone's always nostalgic to the 'golden days of rp' without realising that specific 'good' roleplayers have permanently left perpheads behind and the playerbase as others have already said matured. Besides i really don't think there's much you can do about 'it' anyway. There's still people doing roleplay events and even in the 'good old days' bazaar used to be really dead. I remember back then waiting for hours and hours trying to sell stuff there. Bazaar's WAY more alive than it used to be. People locked themselves inside their appartments and powergrew too. Your brain just doesn't remember the boring perp days.

where people are actually afraid of shooting a bullet because they know if they are arrested or if their gun is taken that's a huge loss in their economic wallet!.
Only to future reduce any incentive for current players to play. The game already feels like a grind. Guns being taken ARE a huge financial burden to players. "Raising the cost of living" because the rich have gotten richer will only result in the poor(new) players getting poorer. Further reducing the chances of them sticking around. If people, apparently, just base and raid, that's the only thing keeping them on the server. That's something that should be taken advantage of, not be used against the playerbase.

Back in 2014-2017 I remember playing the server with no cops vs robbers scenario every where and people actually cared about other people randomly shouting their name without them knowing each other!.

I started here early 2015. It's been a cops vs robbers server from the start. You may have a point with the fact that people don't grasp the concept of roleplay alot anymore which i feel the same way about. It used to be, slightly more slow paced and there was more casual roleplay and respect towards rules. I think the main issue is the lack of enforcement with certain rules. People started caring about 3.4 because of monetary reasons, not of roleplay reasons. When's the last time you've seen ANYONE care about the car damage rule? bet you have no idea which one 3.29 is out of your head but you can type the words "banana in a pyanama broke 2.1 and 3.4" faster than a 12 year old can ask his mom for the new fortnite battle pass.

Personally, i feel the near militarization of the PLPD's led to the need of large organisations existing to defend themselves against a much more professional and tougher PD. Everyones, including yours, focus is laid upon the large rich organisations and players which forgetting the people it affects the most: new players that join with a friend or two.

essentialy what i'm trying to say is that by fucking up the game's economy to force changes in behaviour will only result in the exact opposite behaviour you intended. It causes psychological reactance.

Reaction score
I as a user on perp who is donating to the server am doing something by role-playing as a Fire fighter sometimes trying to help people who are for example stuck and what not so I am trying to actually role play rather than just be a FF when there is a fire at puffers or something. All the respect!
So like you said you're roleplaying as a firefighter some roleplay as criminals and some roleplay as officers etc. what would the server become if nobody shoots a bullet? like you expect/want it to be.
What is the PD for?
What building bases are for?
What are you gonna do in perp is my question?
The only way I see it as a possibility if they wipe everyone accounts which is very very unlikely to happen.

Reaction score
i think the economy needs sigificant reform its just filled with people looking to kill and sit for hour's growing drug's also rp is basically non existent its just people growing drug's for 7 hrs a day finding a excuse to put there booger hook on the bang bang switch of there ak and go nut's the server needs better ways of making LEGAL money that can compare closely to crime such as growing drug's etc also inflation is a issue as players have flooded the perp economy will ill gotten cash sometimes in the millions and prices havent kept up meaning some players dont bat an eye at a 20k loss due to loosing guns also car's are expensive as well
Theres not a lot you can do about the economy that would have an actual effect without driving away players

Legal money making isn't RP, its just another way of making money.

For example you fishing for 4 hours a day isn't roleplay, you're not setting up a sushi resaurant or creating a market stall where you sell to players, you're not even fishing in a realitic manner, you're just lying down some fishing rods, then standing there spamming E for 5 minutes until you can't carry any more.

Your entire goal is making money, that might be more legal than growing drugs, but in my opinion its just as close to RP as growing drugs is.

RP isn't about making money, it's about creating fun, creative, entertaining roleplay sitations, I think the club that @MidoTheCigar set up earlier today is a great example, he set up a bar where people could visit, get a free drink and have an entertaining time chatting and listening to some music.

His intent wasn't to make money at all legal or not, and I'm sure that he actually spent a lot of his own money setting it up

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was shocked to see that cops dont care at all how you drive. You pretty much have to kill someone with your car so that they will react in some way. #CodyForChief

Reaction score
Getting rid of toxicity would be easier than this happening ngl
I mean Moon the problem starts from your gang first of all tbh and then the other kids follow it thinking a server with 24/7 of baiting cops and fighting them is better for everyone where in reality casual people like me and others just really don't want the bait every second. Also don't get this as that's only a people who play cop situation I invited new players to the server people who love to RP on other darkrp servers and just left 10 mins later after slums being shut off and them being shot for being near that area, not by cops but by people who wanna raise their K/D on anyone

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting rid of toxicity would be easier than this happening ngl
Oh and adding on the top comment I once responded to a call of shooting and stayed outside for a moment in a brief moment I heard someone on the inside saying "Why are the cops not responding yet" that especially implies that the entire situation was just a bait for a cop fight later on

Reaction score
Everyone's always nostalgic to the 'golden days of rp' without realising that specific 'good' roleplayers have permanently left perpheads behind and the playerbase as others have already said matured. Besides i really don't think there's much you can do about 'it' anyway. There's still people doing roleplay events and even in the 'good old days' bazaar used to be really dead. I remember back then waiting for hours and hours trying to sell stuff there. Bazaar's WAY more alive than it used to be. People locked themselves inside their appartments and powergrew too. Your brain just doesn't remember the boring perp days.

Only to future reduce any incentive for current players to play. The game already feels like a grind. Guns being taken ARE a huge financial burden to players. "Raising the cost of living" because the rich have gotten richer will only result in the poor(new) players getting poorer. Further reducing the chances of them sticking around. If people, apparently, just base and raid, that's the only thing keeping them on the server. That's something that should be taken advantage of, not be used against the playerbase.

I started here early 2015. It's been a cops vs robbers server from the start. You may have a point with the fact that people don't grasp the concept of roleplay alot anymore which i feel the same way about. It used to be, slightly more slow paced and there was more casual roleplay and respect towards rules. I think the main issue is the lack of enforcement with certain rules. People started caring about 3.4 because of monetary reasons, not of roleplay reasons. When's the last time you've seen ANYONE care about the car damage rule? bet you have no idea which one 3.29 is out of your head but you can type the words "banana in a pyanama broke 2.1 and 3.4" faster than a 12 year old can ask his mom for the new fortnite battle pass.

Personally, i feel the near militarization of the PLPD's led to the need of large organisations existing to defend themselves against a much more professional and tougher PD. Everyones, including yours, focus is laid upon the large rich organisations and players which forgetting the people it affects the most: new players that join with a friend or two.

essentialy what i'm trying to say is that by fucking up the game's economy to force changes in behaviour will only result in the exact opposite behaviour you intended. It causes psychological reactance.
There is a good way to fix this as someone else mentioned before. Adding more legal ways to get good money and expanding the map to fathom the change where those legal methods atleast have a chance to get close to drug growing. I can't think of something now but one of the main thing is for example a garbage cleaner where u get 10 dollars for each garbage picked or so on