Perpheads F1:2019 Grand Prix: $100.000 Prize reward for the winner!

How many races should be done total?

• Total voters
Reaction score
F1POST_INTRO.png

“Accessible yet unapologetically authentic, F1 2019 is still best-in-class when it comes to the art of bringing a modern motorsport to life.”
85 – IGN
introduction.png
I got the idea from @Scatman John 's post about doing some assetto corsa racing. I thought it might be fun to hold a community wide racing tournament where some money can be won. F1 is simple to learn, but very hard to master. unlike casual racing games giving the engine's everything it's got might get you in trouble, and deciding when to change tyres will be key in winning. The game's on sale if you don't have it and if you're that stingy you could always refund it after the tournament if you don't like the game lmao.

Just like in real life, each race is done in a weekend. Which starts with practice, then qualification and then the race.

game_rules.png
F1:2019 can be set into various modes and difficulties, but in order to keep it accessable to everyone i've customised the settings in a way you're not being babysitted by the game, but you're also still supported somehow and are not negatively influenced by shitty driving of others.

In terms of progression, i'm going to put more focus on the actual race itself. Therefor there will be no practice! Do this before the tournament!
Qualifying will be one-shot meaning you've got one shot at placing a good time. This decides your position on the starting grid.

In summary:

- Weather will always be nice and clear
- Qualifing is one shot and there will be no practice
- No AI
- All car performance is equal, you may use your customised livery car
- Parc fermé is disabled
- Collisions are ON
- Vehicle Damage is Off
- lapped cars will ghost meaning if you're that bad at this game that the #1 is passing the lowest, collisions are then disabled for that car.
- Safety car is off
- All standard rules and flags are enabled; cut corners or purposely crash too much and you will be removed from the weekend!

- corner cutting stingency is regular
- no formation lap
- race starts are MANUAL.

your vehicle will
- have low braking assist
- anti lock breaking
- medium traction control

- an automatic gearbox
- pit entry and exit assist(will automatically slow down to prevent penalty and remove the speed limiter on exit)
- corner racing line assist
- automatic ERS

- 2 man teams would really be preferred!
-
The race distance will be whatever is decided on the poll on this post.
- The amount of weekends will be whatever is decided on the poll on this post.

grandprixrules.png
We're going to follow the in-game points system which works as follows:
076ad8a2.png

The winner is the one with most points at the end of all races
how_to_enter.png
please reply with this template and add me on steam!
Driver 1 forum/steam name:
Driver 2 forum/Steam name:

What date/time would be most convienent for you?:
Do you prefer a specific track?

Reaction score
formation lap is on yes, safety car i dont know yet

i figured it would be better to turn off damage. one minge rams you of the road and the weekend would be over for you. it would become more like bumpercars knowing some people here xd

Reaction score
True but sim damage is a lot more fun. Thanks for organising this btw sneaky this is going to be amazing

Reaction score
@Jay_ Haha are you implying F1 2019 has realistic physics? Bro the rear of those cars are made of bedrock.

Reaction score
I am not going to compete with casuals who use ABS, TC, Automatic Gearbox and fucking braking assistance...

That's just straight up boring, put them in a car where they can feel the power of the car and know that they have to be careful

Reaction score
you recon everyone here is able to race like that? I'll happily change it but i want to make it accessable for the beginners here. EDIT: maybe 1 training day or something and assists off might be better, idk tbh