PLPD Academy Server Marksmanship isn't the same as live server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Type of bug: LUA

Description of the bug: The recoil in Academy feels too strong compared to the live server. SMGs like the MP9 are unusable in close range (My Sub-Machinegun marksmanship is 79 in the test server apparently as I levelled it by shooting at TFU). If I had permission to use the Academy server or visit it next time I'd make a side by side comparison of this weapon as it's the most noticable one. Rifle Marksmanship is also broken.

Weapons used:
MP9 with extended magazine, stock, rifle compensator and pistol reflex sight.
AKS-74U with magazine, AKS-74U stock, rifle compensator and iron sights.

The M4 was the only weapon that felt usable with the SR-25 stock (Not KAC M4A1/SR-25, the old stock) along with a rifle compensator and STANAG 30x.

How to reproduce the bug: Compare recoil (not in the shooting range) between live and academy.

Time stamp(s): TFU Stage 3 @ 26.07.2020

*Media: Look 2nd post

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Finally some media to show you what I mean.

I recorded some footage of me shooting outside the shooting range but I'm sure that the shooting range does not impact recoil in any way + I'm not going to shoot outside on the open on live server for the sake of bug testing when I could get shat on. MP5/10 Live burst has been mistimed but still included it for comparison, keep in mind that the right one had a bit more time to recover.

Left is Academy, right is Live. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed something wrong with the way recoil works with the plenty of TFU stages I took part in.

Reaction score
yeah i've witnessed it messing up a lot of candidates in the past, if you didn't play back then your marksmanship is 1/1/1/1 so it's rough

here's a hint if you're one of those people: ump45 with compensator has no recoil regardless

Reaction score
This is the sole reason we don’t mark TFU applicants on their ability to aim, Ive been bringing this up since marksmanship got “removed” awhile back.

Reaction score
It's not that hard to fix the recoil, but it never will be fixed.
You say that it wouldn't be hard to fix. Do you actually know how to fix it? Just I've seen people do this before, claim something it easy to fix and probably couldn't do it themselves.

Reaction score
You say that it wouldn't be hard to fix. Do you actually know how to fix it? Just I've seen people do this before, claim something it easy to fix and probably couldn't do it themselves.
It's not that hard to sync the data for the academy server and the Main server, after all, It has been done before within 5-10 minutes. If you can show me that the code has changed, then I will change my opinion. At the end of the day, Its affecting people who feel as though they are being marked down for being shit at shooting, even though In reality, it's mostly the developers who are not able to sync it, or won't sync it.

Reaction score
It's not that hard to sync the data for the academy server and the Main server, after all, It has been done before within 5-10 minutes. If you can show me that the code has changed, then I will change my opinion. At the end of the day, Its affecting people who feel as though they are being marked down for being shit at shooting, even though In reality, it's mostly the developers who are not able to sync it, or won't sync it.
Gonna be honest, right now there is a shortage of developers and there are more important things likely being worked on. This issue only impacts a small group of people once a month so it's likely to get put at the bottom of the backlog. You say it's just syncing them up, there is probably more to it than that as I'm assuming it'll take more than 5 minutes.

Reaction score
Syncing still wouldn't fix the actual issue that appears to be present. The post shows an apparent issue with the marksmanship change. The issue being that it doesn't look like it worked properly.

Reaction score
Syncing still wouldn't fix the actual issue that appears to be present. The post shows an apparent issue with the marksmanship change. The issue being that it doesn't look like it worked properly.
You are mainly correct with the fact I don't know who data is synced between both servers, however, If Marksmanship for the Academy Server could just sit are 85, then there wouldn't be an issue, I'm not sure how hard that would be to sort out.
Yes, I understand It's at the bottom of the list for development, But something does need to be done about it.

Sam

Reaction score
I’m sorry if I come across rude. I really am!
Are you retarded? Recoil is fixed based on code. As the levels got disabled.
Moving the prod data to academy server would do nothing but create extra work.
Don’t sit here claiming devs won’t fix stuff. You have no idea what you are on about.

Also it’s a waste of time seeing it’s being retired soon..

Mim

Reaction score
You are mainly correct with the fact I don't know who data is synced between both servers, however, If Marksmanship for the Academy Server could just sit are 85, then there wouldn't be an issue, I'm not sure how hard that would be to sort out.
Yes, I understand It's at the bottom of the list for development, But something does need to be done about it.
@Jimmy Jackson I dont think thats what they are getting at. I highly doubt its as simple as changing a number or a couple of numbers, so lets not pretend it's a 10 second fix. Its probably one of the least important issues right now in the PD and can definitely wait for all of the other changes first, if TFU dont mark for aim then no-one is loosing out atm.

Reaction score
Don’t sit here claiming devs won’t fix stuff. You have no idea what you are on about.

@Samuel don't lie?!?!?!

recoil = false;

developers are just lazy and don't want to do work. I've read the gmod wiki once so I am fluent in lua and can recode all of perp!!!!!

Reaction score

@Samuel How will retiring the Academy server benefit and help us to do stages. This is something I have been wondering and concerned about for some time.

Sam

Reaction score
@Samuel How will retiring the Academy server benefit and help us to do stages. This is something I have been wondering and concerned about for some time.
It will stop useless incompetent people from abusing. People clearly can not manage to only do the needed stuff on that server.

There is no need to bring people on to drive around for a bit and call it RTU training. Stuff should be done ingame, not on a distant server. That way of running training is dumb and not very good.

Reaction score
It will stop useless incompetent people from abusing. People clearly can not manage to only do the needed stuff on that server.

There is no need to bring people on to drive around for a bit and call it RTU training. Stuff should be done ingame, not on a distant server. That way of running training is dumb and not very good.
My major concern for this is how the Training will be affected by members of the community. If a TFU Officer needs training in Breaching ETC and we have members of the community pissing about with them, Then that TFO won't get the quality of Training they would on the Academy Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.