Question to Geforce Now Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello there Perpheads community,

i have a question towards the people who play with geforce now.

Since we cant really access the CFG i wanted to ask you guys what ingame setting are you using when playing on perpheads
through Geforce now.

Mine are

Models = High
Texture = Super high/Ulta High aka the highest setting possible i just forgot the name
Shader detail = Low
Shadow detail = Low
Water detail = Simple reflections
Multicore = Enabled
Color correction = Enabled
Antialiasing mode = lowest possible
Filtering mode = lowest possible
V-Sync = Disabled
Motion Blurr = Disabled
High Dynamic Range = None

Also to the people who have experience with computer parts what are the best settings you think because i realized when i just smack everything on lowest possible i even have worser FPS.

The Hardware they use is:

CPU: Intel Xeon ES-2697 V4 2.3Ghz and 8 cores
GPU: GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 16GB

My FPS aren't bad but i just have the feeling that you can still change something for better FPS because im getting around 30-60 FPS and i would like to have fluently 60 FPS atleast

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm impressed to see someone else using GeForce Now to play on perpheads!

I'm pretty sure they use a Tesla P40 and not a 1080Ti (they might say that for marketing) since they use their own GRID system which the Tesla benefits from.

But regarding the settings, mine are more or less the same as yours with the exception of the Shader being on High.
GMod is very unstable especially PERP which is very old. With the cpu in question it is hard to maintain stable 60fps on cpu demanding games like GMod and Arma 3.
With that said, I think the fps we get using the service are really nice in my opinion, considering it is currently free. Maybe if it ever launches there'll be upgraded specs or something of the sort.

Hope it answers your question!

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
On geforce now i've used it for 3 days with 50mb/s up and down. On perp all my video settings are on the highest because I don't see a massive difference where it affects your fps. I get around 40-70 fps mainly at 1080p unless I lag due to no ethernet yet since i just moved in which makes it 720p and adds latency.

Reaction score
Everytime I launch GMOD it already has max settings except for the texture details which I ALWAYS set to ultra high otherwise the game looks ugly imo. It’s especially needed for the “crosshair” belonging to the god stick and speed camera. Also, don’t expect to get 100 fps constant even if you’re on Geforce NOW; the game and it’s engine is fucking ancient.

Reaction score
isnt there any trick to fix the police lights cause that currently causes so much aids they drain so much FPS and in my CFG wich i used for my crappy PC i had some commands wich almost disabled the sirens and even caused me to not see street lights lmao but yea like isnt there a few commands wich everyone smacks in their console everytime i rembmer it was something called

gmod core and shadow something to disable shadow

Reaction score
my internet speed is fast i dont have any input lag or whatsoever its at stable 60 FPS per geforce now but ingame its not always 60 fps

Deleted member 4983

if you want extra fps;
r_shadows 0
r_drawdetailprops 0
turn on multicore rendering
turn off hyperthreading (yes this works in source games, don't ask me why).
put gmod on an SSD (demo's take up loads of space though, so put your demo folder in your HDD.

Reaction score
You dont get more fps if you have faster internet connection. What is going on is that the game is being streamed from nvidias servers to your pc. The worse the internet connection the more input lag and lower bitrate you will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.