quiet mic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Having an issue where my mic is really quiet, this is bad, its never been an issue and works fine on other games, playing feedback via windows its loud, and feedback through steam its loud, i have no filters selected and highest quality but gmod its really quiet.

Any ideas?

TIA

A1L

Reaction score
This happens to me on Garry's Mod only, people say my microphone is quiet but I just tell them to do voice_maxgain 6 and then they can hear me, honestly have no idea what's wrong at all, my windows sound playback shows me speaking just fine but then when I go onto garry's mod, it seems so much more quiet.

Reaction score
This happens to me on Garry's Mod only, people say my microphone is quiet but I just tell them to do voice_maxgain 6 and then they can hear me, honestly have no idea what's wrong at all, my windows sound playback shows me speaking just fine but then when I go onto garry's mod, it seems so much more quiet.
ngl even with voice_maxgain 10 i can barely hear you sometimes at 2am

• Informative
Reactions: A1L

A1L

Reaction score
ngl even with voice_maxgain 10 i can barely hear you sometimes at 2am
Sometimes I speak low but even when I do speak up apparently its just me but I've literally spoke on teamspeak just fine, and other stuff its just gmod and 0 clue whats up with it tbf lol

Reaction score
Sometimes I speak low but even when I do speak up apparently its just me but I've literally spoke on teamspeak just fine, and other stuff its just gmod and 0 clue whats up with it tbf lol
Was fine last year and fine playing call of duty all lockdown now its quiet on gmod only

Reaction score
Was fine last year and fine playing call of duty all lockdown now its quiet on gmod only
gmod got a new voice codec, making voice chat higher quality but lower volume by default, you have to change it through voice_maxgain to raise incoming volume for yourself.

Reaction score
@A1L Do you have a Corsair headset by chance? ive brought my jabra call centre headset home from work and everyone can hear me fine haha

A1L

Reaction score
@A1L Do you have a Corsair headset by chance? ive brought my jabra call centre headset home from work and everyone can hear me fine haha
No, Astros A10, had them for a bit even before the gmod voice quality went back and it seems to be fine before then so no idea why it's fucking up now

Reaction score
No, Astros A10, had them for a bit even before the gmod voice quality went back and it seems to be fine before then so no idea why it's fucking up now
yeah its weird my shitty 20 quid call centre headset works fine for people hearing me but my 100 quid corsair one dosent hahaha

Reaction score
Make sure your transmit volume is raised to it's maximum in your (oldschool) windows audio settings

ebb03f7d.png

Reaction score
-Use the 3.5mm jack instead of a USB adapter, try plugging directly into the motherboard and not into the front IO.
-Download and update your motherboard specific audio drivers for the chipset that it uses, these can be found in any motherboard manufactures product support page. Realtek is within many motherboards.
-What Sneaky said
-Try out EqualizerAPO to amplify volume which helped me before. https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Reaction score
@Ezza is this issue still occurring?

If so,
Use the voice_maxgain command I console and find a suitable level
Have a look in steam settings at receive volume and transmit volume,
Have a look inside your control panel and see if anything can be changed for your microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.