Server Suggestion Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Add non whitelisted ranks to Fire, EMS, Roadcrew, Courier and Secret Service and each rank increases the pay. Levels can only be levelled up by playing on the job through time, set it to where it will take a while to get each level. and make admins able to take ranks from people as a punishment for afking on duty.

Why should this be added? (pros):

-Gives people more of an achievement to the job.
-Will increase the amount of jobs that are inactive (Taxi, Courier and Firefighter)
-Something new

What negatives could this have? (cons):

-People will AFK to get levels and abuse the system (like with everything)

*Other additions:
Possible ranks

Fire Department
Cadet
Firefighter
Engineer
Lieutenant
Captain

Medical Ranks
Intern
Junior Resident
Senior Resident
Junior Doctor
Senior Doctor

Secret Service Ranks
Officer
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Captain
Inspector

Roadcrew
Apprentice
Junior Technician
Senior Technician
Junior Mechanic
Senior Mechanic

Courier
Apprentice
Driver
Senior Driver

Another suggestion MAYBE add uniforms for certain ranks

Possible uniform changes
Fire Department
Captain

EMS
Senior Resident
Senior Doctor

Roadcrew
Senior Mechanic

Courier
Senior Driver

Another suggestion MAYBE add different skin for vehicles for different ranks

Fire Department
Captain

EMS
Senior Doctor

Last edited:
Reaction score
i love the suggestion but man... please change the colour on the roadcrew one, I had to highlight it to read it.

Reaction score
Personally, I feel that this would be a lot of work for a very small RP/gameplay benefit, especially if the only actual difference between roles is the amount of pay and different textures.

In my opinion, unnecessarily adding a ranking structure especially to jobs that have so much room for micromanagement could negatively impact the roleplay of people playing the job, as I know that if an especially power-hungry Senior Doctor was trying to micromanage me as an intern doctor I'd probably resign.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my opinion, unnecessarily adding a ranking structure especially to jobs that have so much room for micromanagement could negatively impact the roleplay of people playing the job, as I know that if an especially power-hungry Senior Doctor was trying to micromanage me as an intern doctor I'd probably resign.

In real life, we see a lot of this actually happen. Unfortunately - there's not much to do aside from the fact of quitting. However, aside from this risk, I really do think this is a great suggestion. It gives players the positive incentive of putting in activity. In return, we'd see firefighters and EMS frequently active. I honestly think adding this could do more good than harm. The only way of actually finding out is by giving it a try.

Reaction score
I appreciate the principle as a means of enticing people to spend more time on these jobs, subsequently being rewarded for it - but I would rather that it just give you a title and an increased salary (maybe other bonuses along the way).

I don't believe they should have any bearing on authority/supervision of other people in each job. It only works in the PD because there are applications and continuous scrutiny.

Reaction score
Pretty sure Fire department and EMS gonna get some love pretty soon cause both have been kinda neglected due to the PLPD, but I'm having a hard time with the EMS ranks cause its only the medics that will do the job. Neither interns, residents or doctors work 'out on the field'. And those ranks are usually used in the US.

Reaction score
Having SS ranks is meaningless seeing as when you go SS, you’re an acting member of the PD and you assume the rank you hold within the PD whilst acting as SS.

Rather than having EMS and fire services as separate entities for the sake of both authentiticity (American themed game) and for the sake of convenience, fire services and EMS should be merged if this is ever considered.

Ranking other jobs seems pointless to me however.

Reaction score

At the moment we aren't looking to do this for all jobs but certainly EMS and Fire Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.