Police Suggestion Reduce TFU movement speed

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Reduce TFU movement speed
Suggestion Description: Currently, all Police are faster than civilians, even TFOs. It is a little silly that not only do TFOs get the armour advantage, they also get a speed buff. All movement is faster for cops. This includes running in a straight line and strafing.

I think this is bad, and I think TFOs should not be faster than civilians.

Why should this be added?:
- An armour and speed buff is not balanced
- TFOs won't be able to sprint into apartments as easily to ferrari peek
- TFOs won't have a strafing advantage anymore, no matter how little this is

What negatives could this have?:
- TFOs might be sad about not being heavier and faster

Reaction score
Heavy gear TFOs need this debuff. Remove the 10% speed buff, and make it a 10% speed debuff instead.
Light gear TFOs could probably do with only having the 10% speed buff removed, making them on par with civilians.
Normal cops should be fine, even shotgun cops.

With my proposed suggestion above:
- Heavy gear TFOs will walk at 72 velocity, run at 270 velocity, and jog at 157.5 velocity.
- Light gear TFOs will move at normal civilian speed. (80 walk, 300 run, 175 jog)
- Normal cops will walk at 88 velocity, run at 330 velocity, and jog at 192.5 velocity.

General information for those who are reading this:
- All cops currently have a 10% speed buff, meaning that if you're ALT sprinting, you have 330 velocity.
- Normal civilians have 300 base velocity when ALT sprinting.

- All cops walk at 88 velocity.
- All civilians walk at 80 velocity.

- All cops jog at 192.5 velocity.
- All civilians jog at 175 velocity.

Reaction score
I'd make it so cops with shotguns get civ speed as well, so only chad pistol cops can chase down suspects. After all, being able to sprint after a fleeing suspect and catch up, with a big fuckoff shotgun on your back or in your hands is a bit silly. This might actually make people think twice about having their shotgun on them all the time

Reaction score
I'd make it so cops with shotguns get civ speed as well, so only chad pistol cops can chase down suspects. After all, being able to sprint after a fleeing suspect and catch up, with a big fuckoff shotgun on your back or in your hands is a bit silly. This might actually make people think twice about having their shotgun on them all the time
Yeah I kind of agree with this statement remi cops don't even ADS at all (the ones that know what they're doing) they push into apartments and zigzag prefire everything and it's very OP especially when they move sideways faster than a normal civ would

Reaction score
I feel like this would make pushing into apartments a pain because of being restricted to a slow peek everytime if the movement speed is drastic. I'd say make it so you have standard velocity when sprinting and ramp it off after 1 second. Would need something like a cooldown of course so you can't abuse it.

On the other hand however this would make raindancing less of a pain to deal with too. Lots of choices here.

Max

Reaction score
I feel like this would make pushing into apartments a pain because of being restricted to a slow peek everytime if the movement speed is drastic.
I believe the changes proposed by Exnem would not lead to a drastic change in the movement speed and would not make it more difficult to peek, just something for a small balancing and realism change.

Reaction score
As a cop main, I would love to cry in this thread but you guys have a point. A little adjustment is really necessary as being completely armoured is a huge advantage already.

(quick edit: please don't make heavy feels like a juggernaut, ty!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I forgot this was a thing.

Light TFU shouldn’t have their speed buff removed at all imo.

This would require some voodoo code lol, would be easier reducing movement speed when you have a weapon out full stop. Also, 7lbs isn’t remotely cumbersome.

Also, didn’t know people were raindancing still?

Reaction score
This would require some voodoo code lol, would be easier reducing movement speed when you have a weapon out full stop. Also, 7lbs isn’t remotely cumbersome.
Would it? I mean, speed is already decreased when you're cuffed, bandaging, using items, crafting, crippled, splinted, all sorts of stuff.

Also having the speed debuff apply to cops holding a <=1lb pistol is kinda stupid. Having the shotgun remove the spped buff is more of a balancing thing, so cops treat the shotgun like they're supposed to, as a tool to equip as and when they need it, as opposed to keeping it slung over their back at all times. Yeah I know there's a policy for it's use, but I rarely see corporals or higher without their shotguns, and I reckon having it remove the speed buff would make it more situational.

Reaction score
Would it? I mean, speed is already decreased when you're cuffed, bandaging, using items, crafting, crippled, splinted, all sorts of stuff.

Also having the speed debuff apply to cops holding a <=1lb pistol is kinda stupid. Having the shotgun remove the spped buff is more of a balancing thing, so cops treat the shotgun like they're supposed to, as a tool to equip as and when they need it, as opposed to keeping it slung over their back at all times. Yeah I know there's a policy for it's use, but I rarely see corporals or higher without their shotguns, and I reckon having it remove the speed buff would make it more situational.
Then the policy needs to be enforced instead of coding in something with the shotgun because no one enforces PLPD policy. The shotgun isn't heavy enough to warrant slowing down cops. There are about a million videos of police running full speed with shotguns and rifles no issue. I can understand slowing down heavy TFU but a cop with a shotgun no.

Reaction score
@Collier @Moon I FIRST YOU USE ME AND NOW YOU WANNA TAKE AWAY MY SPEED?! I WOULDNT OF HELPED IF I KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!!

Ngl, it is broken. I can run past any civ while in heavy and get ahead with ease. - Heavy speed needs a nerf.