Refer a Friend System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
- - - this trial is no longer running and friend referrals do not result in any reward any more - - -

style-logo.png

REFER A FRIEND SYSTEM

We are running a trial of my new Refer a Friend System. It is designed to provide monetary rewards for inviting new players and tutoring them upon joining. You are encouraged to help them when they join as simply connecting is not enough for them to count as a referral, they must be seen to settle in to the community before any reward is issued. In order for it to count you must complete a Friend Referral Form before the friend connects to the server for the first time. You can see a summary of referral rewards below.
I9Qa9cn.png

Bronze
o62jhBV.png

Silver
FWx7dTL.png

Gold
DsLoawt.png

Diamond
Refer 1 Friend​
Refer 3 Friends​
Refer 5 Friends​
Refer 15 Friends​
$35,000 Reward
No Premium​
$125,000 Reward
No Premium​
$200,000 Reward
14 Days Premium​
$500,000 Reward
30 Days Premium​

WHY ARE WE INTRODUCTING THIS?

We found from the 179 responses on the New Player Survey that a large portion of players heard about us from friends. That is why we are going to encourage friend referrals. The other bonus to this system is if you are inviting your own friends you are more likely to take them under your wing and help teach them the game mechanics. Although our helpers do a great job, it means a lot to new players to have a friend they can come on and learn from.​
sogG7dn.png
If the money and premium rewards aren't enough, referring and tutoring New Players is a great way to get recognition in the community. It can be used on Helper or Enforcer Applications as supportive evidence, it can be used on your Police Department Supervisor/Command Applications as a talking point.​

TRIAL INFORMATION & CLAIMING REWARDS

I explained above that this is a trial, there is no in-game mechanic to give you these rewards. I will be checking manually for new player activity and if this is a success I will look to have this implemented as a full in-game feature. If you have been told you are eligible for a reward via private message then you can make a report next time you see me in-game. The money will be dropped as cash, any rewards involving premium then please contact @Collier or @Bolli.​

IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS
  • You must complete the Friend Referral Form before your friend connects to the server
  • The new player should be guided by yourself on how to play to prevent them from losing interest
  • The new player must be seen to become settled, or show eagerness to continue playing, this is checked in the logs
  • You cannot use alt accounts, every new player must be unique, any attempt to abuse this will result in a ban

Last edited:
Reaction score
you should show your friends that there's more than one way to earn money to begin with!

Deleted member 5577

Tbh this kind of system would be good automated as it's kind of a thing for $35k at least that, personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to do even if I had a friend joining. It would be better off as a nice surprise that you get one day, say for example upon joining a new player is asked if anyone referred them along with their character creation and after they hit the playtime to get rid of their new player tag the referer is rewarded. I know its just temporary but it seems a lot of effort for $35k

Reaction score
This is what I told Tyla aswell when he was creating it. This will maybe be tried in the future, for now this is just a good test to see if it is usefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.