Remove activity from Shoutbox

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

Description of the idea: Remove the message notification that "XYZ has replied to a new thread in XYZ"

Why should this be added?: The shoutbox often gets flooded with replies to threads, which pushes messages and conversations further down. There is already a recent activity box to the right that shows the most recent replies or new threads created. We managed to remove it a few months back, so that the Shoutbox only showed messages that users had put in themselves. Also I feel new players are more likely to engage in the shoutbox if they see conversations happening there, instead of just replies to ARs.

What negatives could this have? : Some mobile users have to scroll to the bottom for recent activity instead of using the shoutbox?

*Other additions: Perhaps still keep the created a new thread notifications, but just remove the replies.

*Images: Stop shoutbox looking like this, despite there being the exact same information just to the right of shoutbox.
f2992c4fe5bb7065122b8a7f09272ee1.png

(Yes I use light theme, deal with it)

Reaction score
i like the recent activity its quite useful for threads that i havent seen yet and im sure others would agree with me

Deleted member 1235

We did this, then people didn't like it, then we put it back for certain nodes
How many wanted it back? Because I remember quite a few wanted it gone at first. I just don't see the point of it when there's a activity box literally right there with the exact same information