Revamping Car Upgrades Slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post:
Main idea: Revamping Car Upgrades Slightly

Full description of the idea: I was thinking of a system similar to how genetics currently function. You would go to the car workshop like normally and you could buy modification points from the NPC, the NPC would offer them at multiple amounts so between 1 mod point up to 10. From here a menu would open up where you would be able to use the points. The menu would look like this:

Capture.PNG

When you fully upgrade a car it would pretty much function the same as it would with a current double upgraded car.
The final price to upgrade a car fully would also be the same as it is now, except now you get more control over what you upgrade specifically.
Also, the big financial difference is that the individual modifications will become a whole lot cheaper than they currently are.

The image above is just a quick sketch of what I think it would look like and obviously the options displayed above are not final so it leaves some room for adding/removing options.

And maybe as a little extra I could see have potential, there could be an "over modifying" feature, where you can spend more than the normal amount of points in, for example, top speed, but be limited in the number of points you can spend on other mods like handling. Example: you would get 7 points in speed but you will only be able to upgrade the rest of the mods to something like 3 points.

Why should it be added?
Right now I believe car upgrades are horribly expensive and inaccessible to people who don't want to grind for it. This suggestion would make the upgrades more accessible to everyone while still giving the ability to fully upgrade a car, it wouldn't get rid of existing systems it would just make them easier to access. I also feel like this would make cars feel more personal considering you upgrade the individual things instead of giving a lump sum to change a bunch of things at once.

Pros:
- I think it would make upgrading cars a lot more accessible to everyone.
- People can specialize their cars to fit specific needs and wants.
- It won't screw with cars that are already double upgraded.
- It would make cars feel more "personal" so to speak considering you finetune it more.

Cons:
- It could mess with existing upgrades but refunds could be given for that.
- Could be a lot of work considering cars usually are.

Sam

Reaction score
Denied

This would require a massive amount of work.

GMod uses script files (see below) for vehicles, making this change would require us to change the entire vehicle script side of things. Currently, each upgrade got a separate file. Doing this would force us to redo every single vehicle.

lUPJllV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.