Roleplay

Reaction score
I will not name anyone specific, you know who you are, but if you reply to this thread and imply you said so, don't blame me if I bring it up. When I say "staff members" I don't intend on calling all of you out, I'm just being very vague in mentioning a staff member.
There is no reason we shouldn't be allowed to do this.
Me and @Puffy Sandvich want to build a roundabout in the highway intersection to spice things up, but the answer we get is 'no' and 'people will die'.
There is only one reason people die to things like this, and it's because they're careless, if they crash and die, it's legit their own fault, 3.22 exists for a reason, they should obey the 50MPH limit.
After that was denied, I requested to build one in a less populated area, the office intersection. This was also denied, and there are less reasons to deny this than the highway intersection.

The roleplay aspect of the server has diminished, almost completely, there is no excuse we shouldn't be allowed to pretend the road laws have changed in the intersections temporarily. I feel that the server could do with some dynamic changes in the way we drive about or how we play, but our only limiting factor are you guys, staff members, and I personally feel that this is for a couple of reasons.
Either you can't be bothered to enforce this, or you just 'feel like' it'll cause 'aids' and therefore automatically deny it, despite that something like this has never proven to be aids and you're just over-reacting to an idea. This is the message you are giving me by acting the way you are, this isn't an accusation, but a mere impression, and I'm voicing it right now.
A typical response to something that seriously is being considered as a roleplay idea is usually to make a staff complaint whenever you, staff, deny it.
After all, this is a roleplay server, we should be able to roleplay, the way things are now it's all laid out to be cops and robbers, and only the criminals and cops' sides are taken into account.

What about all of us who actually came here for the roleplay tag? This is unfair, and either the server needs to have that tag removed, or you'll need to start enforcing roleplay more than you already do.
If a PoliceVSCriminal roleplay server is what you were after, then you've got it, but as it stands right now, Serious RP is not what it seems, and you're misleading a lot of people who came here specifically for that. And the reason it's misleading is when you state 'Serious RP' you expect to find roleplay to a higher standard than what it currently is.

There are only three types of roleplay experiences you get on this server, and that is the never-ending monotone emergency response as an officer, medic or firefighter, or as a civilian being pulled over constantly and growing drugs while sitting AFK waiting for your drugs to grow so you can get millions of cash in a week, which is completely unrealistic in my opinion, or you drive around trying to roleplay but you're forced to do nothing because all your ideas are struck down by staff, which means driving simulator roleplay instead, which gets boring fast.
On top of this, while the recent addition of license plates are slightly overpriced (in my opinion), it has to quite a degree increased the quality of roleplay as now people are forced to use a license plate that you can change, to identify the ownership of a vehicle, on top of this most of the metagaming problem was removed with the removal of red text on doors whenever they were owned. Which is another +.

My opinion still stands however. While you reserve the right as a staff member to deny public building, you're free to do it yourself due to staff's discretion, and apparently if you can be bothered to enforce the rules in that specific instance.
@rogue created a roundabout at the office, and it allowed for some interesting dynamic city driving, those who minged were removed and dealt with, not by rouge though as he wasn't staff at the time IIRC.

I understand that building scaffolding for the purpose of pretending you're repairing or washing a building can lead to aids, it's honestly worth mentioning that jumping off a scaffolding or pushing someone off is considered 2.5 and 3.4, you shouldn't ever jump or push someone off the building, people who do this should be banned for no intention to roleplay or should be forced to leave the area. The same thing applies to the roundabout idea at the main city intersection, if you crash into it, you're not obeying 3.22, in which 3.22 specifically states that all traffic laws should be obeyed while at the intersection. If they crash into the main foundation of the roundabout and complain about it, they're recklessly driving or driving without care and attention, and as such should be spoken to or punished for it.

You can't seriously tell me that you cannot be bothered to enforce the rules regarding this, sure, there are many small things that happen when a roleplay situation like this starts, but it completely ruins the immersion you came on the server for when someone starts running around yelling "Allahu Akbar" with a pole up their ass and a molotov in their hand, conveniently just next to the place you're trying to roleplay.

You can't tell me the server emulates real life when people can't even be bothered to try driving properly.
I know I contradict myself when I'm laying this all out to you, and all you've seen from me through my videos is minging, but me actually wanting to roleplay for once shouldn't come as a surprise after the amount of minging I've already done, considering it gets boring after a while. I have about 3 hours of footage uploaded on youtube for gods sake.

Reaction score
I've managed to rp being a highway worker a few times, the main area that I chose are areas that are not highspeed nor would they block certain areas. I would normally place about 40 props down in the area I'm working. I have to freeze them as people seem to drive straight through a road closed with signs and ads made. Staff have actually helped me when doing this and even bolli stopped a guy from minging with a car. I think it depends on what situation you want to create and whereas people in perp like to ruin this by hitting or killing each other.

Reaction score
I roleplayed as a hooker the other day and murdered someone who pulled a gun on me to mug me with a katana whilst he was picking up a pile of random food I spam dropped so don't @me for my quality of rp bro.

On a more serious note, the overall quality of roleplay on PERP needs improving, and no, when I say that I'm not referring to people running around shooting cops as "Bad roleplayers". I'm referring to the people who talk out of character during in character sits and the people who do literally, LITERALLY Nothing.

Reaction score
I think what's happened is that there aren't many players on the server with patience anymore. All some people want to do is raid raid raid, they see it as a fast paced game mode where in roleplay, other than DarkRP, it should be quite slow paced. I personally don't see a problem in making a roundabout at intersection, as everything you've said is true. You can easily make an advert/broadcast the roundabout at intersection and if people choose to ignore it and wreck there car. Then that's just a shame.

There's been many scenarios where people have tried to RP things in a slow paced manner however there are a few people that ruin this. Examples of this are sits such as hostage scenarios where officers rush in or crims just kill the hostage and run out. Even when police officers have cuffed your friend. There are many other things you can do than just start shooting officers, one of the people I've seen doing this is Jamal (@Jamal) and if Jamal can do it, then surely everyone can. The other day he gunpointed the cops to uncuff Husky, then a few officers rushed around the corner and died, but the officer we had at gunpoint we made him drive us all to the forest where we crippled him at the creepy tree and disabled his car so he had to walk back and we had time to escape.

All we need is people to have a bit of chill and patience, and the reason this kind of RP used to happen is when we had older players like Lewis088 and mature people that liked to RP. I'm not saying you have to be older to RP properly, just mature. It's crazy that a NaziRP server has a lot more roleplay and obedience than PERP, a serious roleplaying community.

Reaction score
While I can not answer for other staff members, I will answer for myself. I really enjoy watching people build and be creative, and it adds a really nice element to the server. I myself approve most requests to build in public, as long as it is within reason.

I denied your request to build a roundabout at intersection simply because I know from experience it ends in a mess. I've been a staff member for around 5 years, and in that time I've seen attempts to make roundabouts at intersection,llof them ending up in a mess. People do not respect the 50MPH zone, and they pass intersection at 120MPH, they would smack into it.

So in general, I see no issues with the things people build, so go on and be creative, asking a staff member in a report if you can build something will never hurt.

Reaction score
I was denied building a roundabout at the office intersection however, and that's what really made me write this post, it's mostly a rant about what I think about the current way it is right now.

Reaction score
There's one, it's called "roleplay acknowledgement" on the forums and it gives you trophy points above the normal maximum which is 545.

Reaction score
I remember when rogue (I think) built a roundabout at office intersection, some other officer and I were having fun testing it around and it proved to be pretty useful and we liked it...

Like 5 mins later there was some very expensive car that just came and crashed into it on purpose, destroying the whole thing, for no reason, just because it was there, and he was also laughing and I think ignoring us and then he left.
Another 5 mins passed and we have rebuilt the roundabout, the same people came and crashed into it again and broke it all again.

Its people like these that are also a part of ruining roleplay, we build a roundabout that doesnt bother anyone and you just come and destroy it for no reason, twice. I was really confused as to wtf they were thinking and how was that of any purpose, all they did was waste our time and act like assholes.

Reaction score
Role play is fully dead, server was somehow more serious when it wasn't as forced? back when the PD was less serious it somehow had a more serious roleplay environment, same with orgs... more rules restricting all sides of RP essentially choking you to simply raid or be raided.

At least me and nade have nazi rp