Rule 3.7 Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:

3.7 Properties​

Your version of the rule:
When props are used to block entrances to a property, at least 2 entrances to the main area of the property must be left unobstructed. The main area of a property is defined as the area within the property where the majority of occupants reside and main functions of the property are carried out. A path is considered obstructed when a player has to either jump or crouch to travel along the path.

Alternative versions of the addition
You may not base in a 'New Player' owned property for the sole intention of deterring a raid and/or making it harder to raid.
A maximum of 2 non-new players are allowed to base in a property owned by a new player. <--- @SamSN
As a non-new player, you may not grow drugs in a property owned by a new player. <--- @Dank

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: It's become apparent that people are using new players to buy a property for the sole reason of making raids harder. There have been times where a new player has owned a property with a full org behind the door which is an unfair advantage as it takes 7 crowbars and 3-5 working days to get them open. I feel like you should only be allowed to base in a new player-owned property if your only intention is to assist/guide them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel that it's better to fully restrict players from growing in new player owned properties.

The only benefit to having a new player own the property is the tag on the door, but this tag becomes meaningless if experienced players are allowed to base inside, regardless of whether there's a whole org or just 2. Allowing any experienced players to base inside the property defeats the whole point in having the tag and means experienced players still have an excuse to raid new players.

For that reason, I propose changing the wording of this suggestion to
Experienced players may not directly profit from being inside a new player owned property.
This way, experienced players are still able to remain inside of the property with the intent to teach new players, but cannot directly profit from their time inside, such as from growing drugs or making meth.

This also means that theoretically raiding of new players could be outright banned, as players can no longer use the excuse that they believed an experienced player was basing in the property, as someone breaking a rule isn't an excuse for you to also break a rule.

Reaction score
Basing under a new players banner as an experienced player is such a backwards thing to do I'm actually surprised people don't feel shameful about that lol

Reaction score
Basing under a new players banner as an experienced player is such a backwards thing to do I'm actually surprised people don't feel shameful about that lol
its a game? Hows someone going to feel shameful for it

A rule around this probably should exist - however to look at it positively; if this means new players get invited to organisations or to base more frequently I'm all for it. Starting off in perp can be an annoying time period when you don't fully understand the game and you need someone their to explain and help you out a bit more. There has to be a better solution than outright banning players basing with new players.

Reaction score
The only benefit to having a new player own the property is the tag on the door, but this tag becomes meaningless if experienced players are allowed to base inside, regardless of whether there's a whole org or just 2.

The tag is not gonna deter many people from breaking in, in fact, it's probably gonna encourage some to do it.
The real reason people base in player-owned properties is that they're much harder to break in!

Reaction score
As a non-new player, you may not grow drugs in a property owned by a new player. <--- @Dank
Should probably be clarified as growing implies using a planter box and not also drying. Perhaps wording for this could be

"As a non-new player, you may not produce drugs in a property owned by a new player."

Status
Not open for further replies.