Rule 5.1: Mugging, rules to avoid cock-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The rule in question: 5.1
Players are not allowed to mug more than 3 times in any 60 minute period; nor can they mug the same player twice, within any 60 minute period. Players may only mug other players in a realistic manner, for example mugging someone in the middle of a street is not realistic. Muggings should only take place in locations which are out of the view of the public, nor may they intentionally take place within the vicinity of the Drug Dealer.

Whilst participating in a Mugging all players are expected to adhere to rule 2.5, this means that causing any unnecessary and unreasonable harm or damage to a player or their possessions is prohibited.

My addition to the rule:

Only items of value can be taken during a mugging. This includes things like drugs (Including seeds, wet meth, etc.) , fuel, weapons and weapon components (Mags, sights, stocks, etc.), Ammunition, mobile phones/electronics (excluding the TV) and cash. Items such as food, materials, furniture, festive items and other items that are seemingly useless cannot be taken.

Muggings can NOT take place in the back room of a bazaar stall or business shop belonging to the mugger, or a residence belonging to the mugger, as this compromises the anonymity and chance of the mugger getting away with it, as Business district shops have the shop owners name on the sign, and Police can identify the owners of a property, making it easy for the victim to report the offender accurately or find the residence by the owners name.

Muggings must be done as quickly as possible, and attempting to stall a mugging as a victim or prolonging the mugging as the offender must be avoided, as this can result in the victim being shot, or the mugging being unsuccessful due to intervention from another player. Attempting to reason with the mugger is allowed, but if they tell you they're not going to comply with the victims reasoning, then the victim must comply with the muggers commands.

You also can NOT mug using a firearm that doesn't have ammunition, as this only increases the risk of failure in case of intervention.

/Me commands, such as "/me gags player" or "/me takes wallet/everything" Cannot be used unless the mugger is using a one handed weapon and/or is standing within a distance where such actions can be realistically done.
Or an Alternative to the /me commands rule:
Players cannot use /me commands that would usually involve two hands with a weapon equipped. This is to preserve realism, as realistically, a mugging can turn into a disaster for either party involved, as this gives the victim the edge to grab the weapon and pry it from there hands.

The reason I think this rule should be Edited:

During a mugging, the victim isn't the only one who's in an endangering position to be in, the mugger himself is risking arrest, being reported to 911, or being shot down by a friend of the victim or a vigilant Samaritan. Putting yourself into this position for a chunk of scrap plastic and a few burgers is genuinely a bad idea, and in a real life scenario, a mugger wouldn't stick around long enough to pick up some glue and a hot dog if there's a phone, a gun, valuable drugs and a heap of cash to grab.

Mugging on a private residence almost always leads to revenge attacks and police raids. This is due to the victim gaining the advantage of knowing one of the most important details on retracing the attacker(s) without breaking Character to identify the criminal.

Stalling in a mugging almost always ends in a shooting, either from the gunman or a witness. Prolonging a mugging with unnecessary actions, such as gun pointing a victim long after the robbery is done is unnecessary, generally wastes peoples time, and puts the criminal at more risk of failure.

Mugging someone with an empty firearm is generally a really mingy thing to do. sure, it happens in real life, but quite often, those muggings result in failure when 3rd party intervention occurs. And if you have someone at gun point and someone else pulls a gun on you, you've put yourself in a really shitty situation.

/Me commands are the worst part about muggings, especially when some minge types "/me Takes everything" Whilst they're standing like 5 foot away with both hands on a large shotgun. Unless you're being mugged by Mr. Tickle or a bloody Jedi, they can't reach across the room and take your wallet out your pocket and check it. The alternative, more strict rule about /me commands is to add realism, as it would be a task and a half getting someone restrained with one hand, as would searching a wallet.

If you agree, disagree, or have any ideas or additions, please comment them below.

Reaction score
BTW it doesnt say but you dont have to drop your defence items because IRL you wouldnt have them on you.

Reaction score
Items of value you say, they can take a phone but not a TV?
[DOUBLEPOST=1487929375,1487929265][/DOUBLEPOST]
BTW it doesnt say but you dont have to drop your defence items because IRL you wouldnt have them on you.
Well irl i dont take a flashlight and burgers on me either

Reaction score
  • Staff
Oh, Look's like some of these ideas have now been implimented into the current mugging rule.

Disagree harder folks ;)

Reaction score
stop trying to make everything so easy in perp, cant mug at dd cant mug now for phone and burgers and shit that is cheap?
what's the point then just ask for 1million when you first come and play.

Reaction score
TL;DR.
That is what I was thinking when I read this. No new player wants to see a huge wall of text regarding something as arbitrary as mugging someone else and the current rules already depict how a proper mugging should take place

Status
Not open for further replies.