Rule Suggestion (3.9 Placing Props)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 3.9 Placing Props
Suggestion Description: Also suggesting a change to Rule 3.10 as it is closely related.

I have made a Word Document with the proposed changes as it would allow me to provide a more in-depth suggestion including pictures.

Why should this be added?:
- To ensure that the rules/construction handbook is comprehensive and up to date.

What negatives could this have?:
- Initial confusion for staff/players as it includes enforcing a new rule (very minor and straightforward).

Last edited:
Reaction score
That makes you download a weirdly large .iso file which people probably wouldn't want to open, I certainly don't

Can you not upload it to Google Docs or something?

• Informative
Reactions: 213
Reaction score
I have to disagree because the example given is easily explained by the logic of it not floating. There are clearly props attached to that fence so the fence isn't just there by itself. Even in the picture you showed the prop was attached to a wall so it can't just be floating.

The same thing about the physicsgun argument can be used for the guns put on display hanging on a wooden wall at bizaar gun stores. Those are props not touching the floor but they're realistically hung just like that fence is attached to two props as well as the wall.

Reaction score
I have to disagree because the example given is easily explained by the logic of it not floating. There are clearly props attached to that fence so the fence isn't just there by itself.
But it’s unrealistic in nature. My intentions are not to make use of fences in this manner illegal, but to include it as an exception to the rules/construction handbook to make it as comprehensive as possible, and to provide further guidelines for players to follow as the use of props this way could be placed in a way to cause head glitches or visibility issues as shown in the pictures of bad examples.

Even in the picture you showed the prop was attached to a wall so it can't just be floating.
What about the times they aren't attached to a wall as shown in the pictures of good examples?

Current examples of unrealistic structures:
  • Props placed on/hanging from the ceiling of a building.
If unrealistic, this should be extended to walls as well.

guns put on display hanging on a wooden wall at bizaar gun stores. Those are props not touching the floor but they're realistically hung
You said it yourself; they are realistically hung. No argument there.

TL;DR
My suggestions are not to make use of fences in this manner illegal, but to include it as an exception to the rules/construction handbook to make it as comprehensive as possible, and to provide further guidelines for players to follow in order to prevent potential head glitches and visibility issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.