Second Languages

Reaction score
Know more than 1 language? Have you ever wanted to learn one? Which one and what sparked your interest? (Apart from English, duh)

I was learning french for around 4 years when I was younger cause we had the option for either that or german in school. A friend of mine and I started taking private classes as well for some reason, was kinda random tbh (I don't remember much, never actually spoke outside of classes) and now I'm kinda teaching myself japanese cause I'm a fucking weeb innit.

Reaction score
  • Staff
tenor.gif

Reaction score
English
Dutch
German
French
Russian

In order of knowledge of the language.
I speak better English compared to Dutch

Always wanted to learn simplified chinese and japanese.

Reaction score
  • Staff
At what level are you with the last 3 languages? Relatively fluent, able to hold a conversation etc.

Reaction score
since im a balkan chad I speak 3 languages by defult - croatian, bosnian and serbian (its actually serbo croatian but dw about it)
I've been trying to learn dutch, I reckon I could conversate with ppl to a primitive degree but lack the vocabulary and will to learn the language cuz im always busy

I also learned english by age 6 and speak it better than my own language.

Reaction score
German - Relatively fluent, fully understand but harder time in speaking
French - Can understand what you say but speaking is really hard
Russian - У тя шо жопа шо рожа: все пригоже. Swearing and basic sentences only

Reaction score
Dutch would be something I'd consider to learn. I'd like to be able to hold a conversation since I plan on visiting the netherlands in the future.

JRW

Reaction score
English just about, spanish numbers, some french fruit and cheese, can say my struggle in german, would like to learn german fluently but very tough language

Reaction score
Never really learnt any languages, did French for 4 years but forgot it all as after school I never had to speak it. I'm going to travel the world in a few years after I kickstart my career then maybe I'll learn some things, trying now to learn a coding language

Deleted member 1235

Issue with native English speakers, especially in the UK is that everyone wants to practice their English with us. Because we're a island, unless you're in Wales, all signs and stuff is in English, and almost all tourists speak English. Whenever we go abroad and people find out we're English, they want to speak English to us, instead of us trying their language.

I always make a effort to speak the language of the country I'm in. Except for when in Belgium, because fuck Belgium (except for @Belg Lmfao )

My Germans moderate, I can understand quite a bit, and speak some far better than my French. I used to study it at school, but we used to play a game where we would see how often we could mention the war without actually mentioning it. So we'd ask the teacher stuff like "what does Wunderwaffen or nacht der untoten mean".

As a Englishmen, my country had spent many hundreds of years occupying, raping and pillaging your country. It would be rude of me to betray them by learning your language :booty:

Reaction score
Dutch, obviously. english, and an okay bit of german. I learned french for two years but my hatred towards that language is so large i refuse to even speak a single word of it. I've forgotten most of it too. A really tiny bit of spanish aswell