ShadowJoey's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: ShadowJoey

IN-GAME NAME: Zovetta Aren

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:52628136

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:
I've been a staff member before, I know what it is like to hold a position of rule enforcement and enjoyed being in said position. I've grown away from my original take on being a staff member; before I was much more involved in catching out rulebreakers, trying my hardest to weave my way into situations so I could call out rule breakers, it seemed very vigilant and felt like the right way to enforce the rules. Now, I've seen that it's much more appropriate to help potential rulebreakers why they should not commit actions, rather than trying to catch them out breaking rules, it's much better to prevent them from getting themselves in situations in which they are breaking rules. This take on rule enforcement is much more positive in how it helps players before incriminating actions are taken, instead of punishing them for something that could've been prevented with earlier intervention. I wish to be an enforcer so I can do the aforementioned method, helping them rather than seeking out more punishments to pop under my belt.

I have been trying to help out the staff team but have avoided the snake nature that people are so accustomed to accusing enforcer applicants of, being that rather than displaying their skill in preventing rule breaks, they'd sit there and report all their friends to make them look good. Something that I did have a tendency to do. Rather than doing that now, I have resorted to assisting certain staff members to review demos, collect evidence of metagaming or cheating, giving them further grounds to investigate and in instances of possible metagaming, I have been pushing strongly for giving people the chance to admit to rule breakages, offering them a softer punishment if they can come clean and all. Having people show remorse and understanding for their misdeeds is much more positive than seeking out extreme punishments.

Following from this, I do enjoy helping people in the community: I've displayed positive intent via the police department, a way that does allow me to help progress the community and helps me display an ability to be sensible with given power. I want to be an enforcer again so that I may further this to more in game situations, further displaying the trustworthiness that the senior administration wanted of me. I feel that I have proven how I can be trusted and am sensible with whatever powers I am given.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: I'm on it most days.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:
Warnings and bans, they're very old now: the back pages of source bans:
I've not been punished for any rule breaks from the last time I was a staff member until now, showing that I follow the rules at all times and have good knowledge of them. I've occasionally been permabanned as a joke by Fredy but none of these was considered serious recently.

I've been given a lot of criticism to improve on in the past year or so, I felt like it might be appropriate to address as much of it as I can:
  • Being sensible
    • I've shown I can have power without being abusive
    • My knowledge of the rules is superb and detailed
    • I act within the rules at all times and encourage others to do so
  • Being a "snake"
    • I've been accused of being a snake multiple times
    • This was something that was actually quite true for a while
    • I no longer go out of my way to catch people out
    • As mentioned above, I prefer to prevent rule breakages rather than seeking them out
    • I intend to push this across to me as a potential staff member
  • Being biased
    • There are always worried about biased staff members
    • I've seen the constant judgement of staff
    • I do not show bias in my works and avoid it at all times
    • This wasn't an issue for me as a staff member but I think it's sensible to address it
  • Being trustworthy
    • I was denied last time due to a lack of trust between the senior administration and me
    • I've worked on this a lot, showing how I am trustworthy and don't abuse permissions given to me
  • Activity
    • Recently I had a spur of inactivity due to some problems with my heart
    • I cannot have a minor surgery so if it is in need of operation, I was in need of open heart surgery
    • Due to that I was in and out of hospital visits and not as inclined to go on PERP
    • Now that's all blown over as it's been decided to not have an operation for the foreseeable future, although I will still regularly be going to hospital for checkups and all
    • I'm very active in and out of character now, and this will remain for the foreseeable future
Thank you for reading over this, I've not got much else to say and I hope that you can all see my improvements. Have a good one.

Reaction score
Considering you were previously staff and the fact that I have seen how you handle yourself ingame, I think you are a fantastic candidate for Enforcer, and Moderator for that fact. You are such an amazing person and I know you are able to handle stressful situations. You seem dedicated to not only the server but to ensure you play by the rules at all times. Not only do you play by them, but you enforce them aswell in any way you can.

+Support x10

Good luck on your application!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems like a nice lad and his rule knowledge is great.
Knowing he previously held the position of a rule enforcement I see no reason not to support him, so from me it's a +support

Reaction score
I used to hate Joey because he snaked out my man Rafxl and I still do hold that against him cause grudges u dun know. However he was a good staff member and handled situations very well. He is a fair, non-biased, approachable player. Also he has experience as staff which is useful, and I used to have most of my sits dealt with by Joey.

Reaction score
You have made 12 enforcer applications and you have been demoted (citation needed) once from position as staff. Yikes, seems like you're not the guy for the job

Reaction score
+Support
A very nice guy, who is very genuine and shows good knowledge of the rules being moderator previously. I his always nice and polite with people he's talking too. For the first in a while i will agree with this enforcer app. Good luck mate!

Reaction score
Joey was a great staff member before and knows all the rules I most of the time before doing something ask Joey if it is in the rules he will tell me if it is or isn't 110% +Support for him being staff

Last edited:
Reaction score
i think you are very capable like last time and have a very chill attitude and also you bought me haribos that one time so i hope you get accepted

Reaction score
+1
He was a very good staff member previously from what I have seen and still, even now he is helpful and he has a good and extensive knowledge of the rules enabling himself to handle the role of Enforcer again.

Reaction score
Only Spoken to you a few times but you are a good guy. You have rule knowledge and just common sense overall.

+Support from me and my Mi-24

Reaction score
You've made 13 applications and when one was actually accepted you did really dumb shit like this and got demoted. The only noticeable change I've picked up on is lack of activity and community presence (and no, AFKing outside the PD Isn't activity)

Sorry, You're a sound lad and all, but I'm gonna have to drop a -Support.

On a positive note, you're a pretty swell PD Staff member, Stick to what you're good at.

Last edited:
Reaction score
honestly i thought you were alright until u demoted me from academy back in the day for no reason at all, after that i realised u were easily swain by other peoples opinions and i'd bet money that if you got staff that you'd be the same as every other bob joe and bill that agrees with others because of their rank

tldr i wouldn't trust u with 1 of my shoes

-support

Reaction score
User warned for 2.4 Constructive supports
Testa approves of this application.

Reaction score
big ups joey, support for this don, proper g. good lad, knows the rules, big laddie, what a boy. some boy

i wrote this when i was high not realising i'd replied before sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.