Should breaking 3.4 in order to not lose items/money be punished harsher?

Should breaking 3.4 in order to not lose items/money be punished harsher than other breaches of 3.4?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Just wanted to see the general community's opinion on this; since returning I've noticed that it seems like people would rather just take a warning than potentially lose their items/money to things such as being mugged. In my personal opinion, when someone breaks 3.4 just to keep their items or money, they should face much harsher punishment than with other breaches of 3.4 - obviously I may be biased though because I've only ever really been the one doing the gunpointing since I've been back.

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rather take a punishment as it currently stands than lose my items/money, that should speak for itself
wp for being honest, you say what most players nowadays think

Reaction score
gotta make dying actually mean something. Right now, the best way to not get mugged is to have a gun in hand. I mean, you literally had to have the DD recognise when players have guns out cause it was so prevelant. People would rather die than be mugged.

Reaction score
gotta make dying actually mean something. Right now, the best way to not get mugged is to have a gun in hand. I mean, you literally had to have the DD recognise when players have guns out cause it was so prevelant. People would rather die than be mugged.
I'm not sure of any ways to make dying mean more though that wouldn't result in really toxic, unpleasant gameplay though considering all the ways in which you can die out of your control, but if something could be figured out this would be really good.

Reaction score
I'm not sure of any ways to make dying mean more though that wouldn't result in really toxic, unpleasant gameplay though considering all the ways in which you can die out of your control, but if something could be figured out this would be really good.
I have a few suggestions tbf:
If you die to a civilian's gun, they, or any other civilian, can loot muggable items off your corpse for a short time after you die. You could maybe also see DNA of who searched the body as well.
If a cop kills someone, illegal items can be seized from their corpse.

I reckon this would stop people wanting to break 3.4 as much, as they can still lose their shit, but not from silly shit like being ran over or being mingebatted to death by a sweater.

Reaction score
As staff I’ve always been more harsh on people who are incessantly difficult and blatantly disregarding their life so they don’t lose their stuff especially in things like a mugging.

No one likes being mugged or whatever the case is, but if you get caught lacking that hard you have no one to blame but yourself 99% of the time. The same people who would rather take a warning would also be pissed if someone they were mugging did the same. Its annoying and I think itd be cool to have a system showing everything in a player’s inventory at a certain time so you could be sure and rip it off them.

As it stands, we don’t do refund requests or anything similar for items you COULD have obtained if the player didn’t refuse to cooperate, which sucks imo

Reaction score
I have a few suggestions tbf:
If you die to a civilian's gun, they, or any other civilian, can loot muggable items off your corpse for a short time after you die. You could maybe also see DNA of who searched the body as well.
If a cop kills someone, illegal items can be seized from their corpse.

I reckon this would stop people wanting to break 3.4 as much, as they can still lose their shit, but not from silly shit like being ran over or being mingebatted to death by a sweater.
this is probably the best possible solution i could see, however it would still be very easy to abuse

i'll give it some more thought, i think what @Aquaa said about staff being able to take items from people if they break 3.4 to not lose stuff is the realistic best solution, and we should trust staff members' judgement of how a situation would play out and whether or not items or money would/wouldn't be lost.

Reaction score
What if we add something to the death/ inventory logs that prints an item list upon death. Maybe this isn’t viable from the technical side of things but it would allow staff to see exactly what was prevented from being stolen.

Reaction score
What if we add something to the death/ inventory logs that prints an item list upon death. Maybe this isn’t viable from the technical side of things but it would allow staff to see exactly what was prevented from being stolen.
There are ways to check via logs what someone has but it is oftentimes incredibly tedious to do so; this would be a very nice feature.

Reaction score
I'd rather lose my money and items than take a warning in my opinion.
gHGTSSV.jpeg

@Bnej

Reaction score
Warnings should only be for first time offenders I think. Staff could start removing the items players had on them while they broke the rule so it would make breaking gunpoint meaningless as they would lose the items in the end.

Reaction score
I don't go off duty from the fire department anytime i'm ingame for the sole reason of being mugged causing so much setback as i cant grow or shoot so im forced to legally obtain money. Mugging is so common and risky that I dont do any civ due to it. If mugging were less risky I'd go off duty. The fact that people rather take a punishment then loose stuff also shows how hard it is to make money for some. For some of us that could be weeks of effort lost in 3 minutes.

If I do get mugged I comply but its so dangerous i just avoid ever getting into a situation where I could get mugged. If it didnt effect people as much i think we might see alittle less of people dealing with punishment for it more.