[SOLVED] Stuck on Sending Client Info... on some servers.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4084

Hi.

Currently, I'm having this issue with more than one server, not PERPHeads.
When I attempt to join the server, everything runs fine up until the final point (sending client info...), whereas in this case, due to the update of Garry's Mod (KEY_4 lua files from the server...).

It continues loading the loading screen pictures the server has and rotating through the images, however, it doesn't let me join. I've tried looking on facepunch, however, no thread seems to provide a proper resoloution or cover the topic and the ones that do have no resoloution as stated.

Things that do not work:
  • Reinstalling garry's mod
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling addons
  • Deleting Garry's Mod files and then reinstalling
  • Veryfying cache of the game
  • "Getting a better PC" is not a resoloution as all these servers I have tried joining have worked fine with me in the past.
This has been a persisting issue for many weeks now for me. I hope someone is able to find a fix.
Thank you.

Reaction score
try changing this value

KRi6K0o.png

Reaction score
If you're on the facepunch forums and you can't find your issue I suggest posting it yourself as the people on there are typically very helpful. Another idea is to look in gmod steam group(s) and also anywhere on the steam community.

Deleted member 4084

It appears there was a thread, I just needed to dig deep enough which I just missed.
Sadly

Anyways, for anyone in the future who manage to be unlucky and come accross this issue, here is a genuine fix. If you have attempted to reinstall Garry's Mod, Verify the Cache and all that nonsense and nothing seems to work. Simply do the following steps:
  1. Go to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod (Your Garry's Mod directory)
  2. Upon stumbling upon this lovely section, you will find an odd fella of a file that goes by the name "FactoryReset-GMod.bat"
  3. Simply open it up, enter "Y" (stands for yes, to proceed) and this will basically remove all content and any data Garry's Mod has on you.
  4. Open up Garry's Mod via Steam and allow it to 'reconfigure' itself.
  5. ENJOY!
Voila, you now have a working Garry's Mod with no shitty issues.
Have a lovely night guys.
Thank you to those who assisted me.
I appreciate you
from the bottom (the very bottom) of my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.