SSD Suggestions

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Need some good SSD suggestions. My HDD I have right now is failing bad and fast, don't wanna lose anything
p7uteT4.png

No idea what I downloaded but here lies my failing hard drive.

Ideally looking for something 1TB, nothing ancient but avoiding anything new b/c I don't want to shell out a fortune. Hopefully something less than $100 but tbh idk how much SSDs go for now.

Additionally, if you wanna list some good specs that are good to look for that will also be useful!

ALSO, if anyone knows how to like transfer all my data from this HDD to the new SSD that would be greatly appreciated. My OS is on this HDD and that will need to be swapped over too, don't really want to set up windows again etc. etc. not sure what the best process here looks like

Reaction score
go for a 250 GB samsung SSD slap on the OS there, buy a TB Seagate or western digital HDD for the rest of your stuff... you'll most likely need to plug in and initialize the SSD, I believe there are cloning softwares out there for that process but ideally, a fresh setup would be good

samsung 860 evo 250 gb
seagate barracuda 1 tb there are 3 tb versions for more storage I think

Reaction score
ill mention that you should always install your OS on the SSD, you don’t understand how quick it is compared to an HDD after many years speaking from my own experience of owning a dying hard drive lol

Reaction score
  • Staff
yeah thats what I want to do but tbh not sure how to copy all my windows info over to the new SSD, although I'll just try looking it up

Reaction score
I have a crucial P1 M.2 SSD 1TB, it serves me quite well and is faster than conventional SSDs. If you have an M.2 slot get an M.2 SSD.

When making the transition I used cloning software and was able to move my OS to my new SSD, the process wasn't too difficult. However, if you feel like your performance is unusual then I'd recommend a malware scan on your PC and then a fresh install of windows on your new SSD. You can then move any essential files from your old drives over, or use them in conjunction.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tbh nowadays. Buy SSD for OS, games etc. Buy HDD for storage of files. SSD isn’t that expensive anymore. You need at least 1TB of SSD, 250GB is nothing

Reaction score
For OS don’t clone it tbh. Just do fresh install and transfer your documents afterwards

Reaction score
If you can get an M.2 do it, they'll be more expensive but they're amazing and super easy to install literally just plug it in, screw it and you're good to go

Reaction score
HELLO. Please help me, I have installed windows fresh onto the new SSD, lovely. Now how do I make my computer have some of the lovely files and applications I used to have come back to me. I am good with computers but tbh I have literally never set up a computer new.

Here is what I want:
My files and applications easily accessible as they were previously
Am I still able to access the same paths I had previously?

Currently, my old OS drive will not let me in! Give tips :)

Reaction score
These glorified calculators are way more complicated than a good ol spanner and a nice beer! Doing an oil change was never this hard! Except for that one on my 67’ Chevy man do I miss Vietnam :oldman:

Reaction score
THESE GOSH DARNED KIDS WITH THEIR FANCY PANTS TOOLS I MISS THE DAYS OF VACUUM LINES AND ASBESTOS INHALATION FROM MA 77 CHEVY YEE HAW