STARWARS: The Rise Of Skywalker - The Thread (Spoilers)

Reaction score
Hello,

As most of you may know The Rise Of Skywalker film came out about two weeks ago. I went to watch it in an IMAX theater 1 day before it was officially/publicly released and oh man was it something. If you haven’t watched it, I’d probably stop reading any further than this because there will be spoilers.

I personally thought that it was an amazing movie and am certainly not on the current bandwagon going around with a lot of people saying it’s absolutely shit etc etc.

In this movie, I believe that Adam Driver (Kylo Ren / Ben Solo) received the intense character development we have all wanted - The same can be said for Rey..... “The Scavenger”.

The thing that I loved most about the Character Development was that we got to see Kylo Ren turning into Ben Solo in a way. Throughout the movie we see him being less consumed by the Dark side of the force and this is something I believe made the movie special, especially in attempting to get Rey to take the throne of the Final Order with him.

One of the best moments was when she “accidentally” killed Chewbacca using the electric force power thing that Palpatine previously used and this left me like hol up where have I seen this before? Later then for it to be revealed that Rey is in fact a Palpatine - his granddaughter to be precise. What’s even better is that there was a theory published on youtube 2 years ago claiming that she was a Palpatine @Collier.

The only thing I didn’t like about this movie was the fact that Kylo Ren actually died (Or so we think he did). I think that if they left him alive (Which may somehow be the case - wouldn’t be surprising) it could be the start of a new generation in which Rey and him have force sensitive children with Skywalker/Solo/Palpatine blood which is a whole new family storyline in itself.

Overall, 9/10 from me just because they killed Kylo...

If you haven’t seen it I strongly recommend you go watch it - it was amazing.

MANDO THREAD SOON?
@Creepis @glacial @jjjackier @Collier @Imperial Watch

Reaction score
Just watched it today. Fucking loved Ben Solos character development and reys struggle with the darkside (even if it was short lived) Ren is probs a force ghost now

If I can make one comment on what I really didn’t like, it was the constant exposition of Rey not knowing who she was through cheesy questions, even happened at the end of the film. Also the whole snoke thing was glossed over too quickly.

Im also pissed that Rey used force lightning and then had a plo koon style lightsaber, yet they never explored canonising force judgement (Jedi lightning), even though they did it with sith “navigator” holochrons.

Felt like it was too much story for the film in all honesty. Deffo felt like an out of the blue film compared to the previous two.

Reaction score
  • Staff
LMAO probably before he looked like a raisin

Reaction score
Also yellow lightsaber is a natural kyber crystal that was usually used by Jedi Senitals who were those in pursuit of knowledge and of particular brutal combat ability. PLO KOON used one, he could use emerald lightning/force judgement. Although a forbidden power as it leaned into dark side abilities too much.

Furthermore, the yellowcolour cams from Luke and Leia’s sabre after meditation

Reaction score
yeah okay beyond the movies and some of the Clone Wars that I remember watching as a kid I don't know much about Star Wars lore

Reaction score
A bit off topic but I wanted to mention it: The darksaber showing up in the Mandalorian was really cool, really bringing home that the animated shows share a universe with what we've seen on-screen already. Hoping for some characters from the Clone Wars to be mentioned or perhaps even show up (Bo-Katan or whatever her name was, Tarre Visla as the first Mandalorian Jedi and creator of the darksaber, etc.)

Reaction score
It would actually be sick for them to bring in something about the OG battle of Mandalore although i feel like this will be done in the Darth Revan movie or even the Nihilus one if they are to come out

Reaction score
The darksaber is not a normal crystal it’s weird, some sources say it’s supposed to be a solid object like the first protosabers but it looks cool so people have bastardised it

Reaction score
Just go play Star Wars: The Old Republic and play some sith storylines to really learn about what it is to be a sith, then play the DARTH Revan storyline

Reaction score
Speaking about Crystals - I am fucking Obsessed with Kylo’s lightsaber. Apparently he has a cracked kyber crystal which is why his saber isn’t solid and really erratic which is fucking cooool