STUTTERING LAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey there,

Ever since I decided to return, I've faced an annoying, persistent issue which is... that ever two seconds my game freezes and then unfreeze. Commonly by the time of unfreezing I have killed someone by driving them over... apparent. Here's a video:
these are only little spikes whereas commonly it just freezes. Anyone got any suggestions. This never used to happen to the extent of what it does now. Basically, perp is now unplayable for me.

Reaction score
Applies for freezing as well, it should help clean your Gmod.

Reaction score
This has been happening to me too ever since the tfu & lights update.
Before that update I've never had that issue

(That update was when it shifted from v3 to v4)

Reaction score
If you don't have an SSD, check task manager>performance.
If you are running Garry's Mod at 100% disk usage on a HDD, you might want to consider upgrading to a SDD, or pairing the two together, installing Windows + Steam + Garry's Mod on the SSD and everything else on the HDD.

Reaction score
I have the same issue. It's really annoying. My cpu usage is around 70% and my memory usage is fine. I'm gonna overclock my CPU in a while and see if that's the issue.

Reaction score
i had the same issue. either been getting it since a PH update or garry's mod update but it appeared out of nowhere. XQ recommended i move garry'smod to my SSD and i have had no issues since. i think it's your only option

Reaction score
don't even have to move steam to your ssd per se, just go to steam>settings>downloads>libary folders and add one on your ssd and then when you install a game you can select the directory

Status
Not open for further replies.