[Suggestion] Disable vehicle auto-upright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Disable the auto-upright feature on all vehicles except the tow truck. If your vehicle flips over, it should remain flipped over.
After 1 minute, you can shove the vehicle with your fists' right click to initiate a chance based "push-your-car-back-onto-its-wheels" system with a 1/8 chance of succeeding. With improved chances the higher your strength is, with strength 5 gene giving a 1/3 chances to flip it back onto its wheels successfully.

It'll be a similar system to repairing your car with your own wrenches. You cannot do it immediately. This is to prevent some e-sport player from hopping out of his Bugatti, flipping it back over and driving off.
A timer will appear similarly to wrenches when you push the car with your fists, when doing it before the allowed time.

The way cars will flip back over is that the auto-upright feature will enable once you've successfully passed the chance based system for a total time of 5 seconds before disabling again.

EDIT: A 5 second countdown and a warning message on the right of your screen is granted before the car flips over, letting the user stand back so the vehicle doesn't crush them.

EDIT2: Certain vehicles above a certain size should never be able to be un-flipped, just because of their size and weight. Take the Ford F350 and Raptor for example.

Why should this be added? (pros): It's not really a positive thing to have your car flip over, but it's less stupid than when the cop car you just flipped over with your ford raptor doesn't immediately get back up onto its wheels and rams into you at full speed and tiers your car in a fit of rage.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Could cause unforeseen consequences with vehicles that have been balanced physics-wise, such as the tow-truck towing heavier cars (swat van, and itself) and other issues that may arise from cars benefiting from invisible downforce applied to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What if only the roadcrew could flip the cars back with a special tool. Would give them something more to do and I personally don't like the idea of you being able to casually do it yourself with your hands.

Reaction score
What if only the roadcrew could flip the cars back with a special tool. Would give them something more to do and I personally don't like the idea of you being able to casually do it yourself with your hands.

I think it should work like impounding the cars. If no RC are on then you can flip the car yourself but If RC are on you have to call them and get them to flip it. There should probably be some sort of loading bar with flipping the cars as well the same as impounding.

Reaction score
I like the idea of removing auto upright but I don't think you should be able to flip your car back yourself. Realistically you need multiple people to roll a car back onto it's wheels. It should be something either roadcrew or firefighter can do.

Reaction score
You'd only be able to do it with small enough cars. Road crew would have to attach their tow hook in specific places on the car to flip it back over. Read OP for "EDIT2"
Roadcrew will still get something to do with this size limitation in mind.
Plus, it's based on chance, meaning you can't just do it instantly.

Red

Reaction score
I think it should work like impounding the cars. If no RC are on then you can flip the car yourself but If RC are on you have to call them and get them to flip it. There should probably be some sort of loading bar with flipping the cars as well the same as impounding.
This sounds about right imo

Reaction score
I love this idea but I just want to point out that there are some cars that are able to ramp other vehicles without consequences and would esentially make them meta cars used to win in traffic chases, examples of this is the Pagani Zonda and the small Honda CR-X. Not sure how we could fix or prevent this from being abused.

Sam

Reaction score
I love this idea but I just want to point out that there are some cars that are able to ramp other vehicles without consequences and would esentially make them meta cars used to win in traffic chases, examples of this is the Pagani Zonda and the small Honda CR-X. Not sure how we could fix or prevent this from being abused.
By removing the Zonda!

Maybe by increasing the damage you take when you got other cars on top of you. But ye, this is definitely a factor that needs to be considered, in the end of the day someone will try to abuse it :/

Reaction score
I like it, however being able to roll a car back on it's wheels alone is kinda difficult. Id rather have it that when a car is flipped over you can't do anything except call RC or firefighter. And if there is no firefighter or RC maybe then you can have the auto upright system take place. You could also implement a feature where a group of minimum 4 people can push it back on it's wheels, since that is more realistic than doing it alone

Reaction score
By removing the Zonda!

Maybe by increasing the damage you take when you got other cars on top of you. But ye, this is definitely a factor that needs to be considered, in the end of the day someone will try to abuse it :/
you ain’t removing shit

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sam
Reaction score
Maybe only if the cars wrecked, empty or disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.