Server Suggestion [Suggestion] DNA Tool

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: [Suggestion] DNA Tool
Suggestion Description: Allow the DNA tool to identify the last 3 people who interacted with a gun, melee or grenade.
You'd get a similar popup to the one that appears now, but it will show "fingerprints" of the last 3 people who interacted with the item alongside a rough date/time.
The DNA tool should also work on items that are for sale.

Why should this be added?:
- More accurate investigations into raiders vs defenders, and which items were truly used by the raiders.
- Tracking explosive users / possessors.
- Narcotics busts in the event of exchanging drugs.

What negatives could this have?:
- Extra server load.
- Complicates the gamemode further, and may confuse new paramedics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This could perhaps also be made into a different tool that could also be given to Corporals or even Senior officers if it were to be added, seeing as medics shouldn't investigate these things either and this will also not make it complicated for new medics this way.

Just my input though, I like the idea in general!

Reaction score
The problem is, let's say I am an arms dealer that is also sitting in bazaar and the guy bought the gun of me 3 weeks ago, now I go down because I was in bazaar and didn't have a shop so now the cops point at me for being involved with some kind of murder.

Situation 2: I am living in my slums appartment and the cops knock my door down because they saw "dna" on the gun pointing at me. I sold that gun 2 weeks ago (or 15 min ago whatever) or gave the gun to a person? how will you deal with this? what will prevent an officer from doing this?

I am a person who loves to take advantage of guns laying around and hiding them or plain out buying them cheap, what stops a cop from looking at every gun and stating it came from that person, for some reason the person says it is his gun after the cop yelled that and now I am forced to give a gun back that was rightfully mine? won't that create a lot of unnecessary IA's?

I think that the tool will be too overpowered, too unclear and too abused.

Also I am wearing gloves, no finger print in any form there?

Reaction score
The problem is, let's say I am an arms dealer that is also sitting in bazaar and the guy bought the gun of me 3 weeks ago, now I go down because I was in bazaar and didn't have a shop so now the cops point at me for being involved with some kind of murder.

Situation 2: I am living in my slums appartment and the cops knock my door down because they saw "dna" on the gun pointing at me. I sold that gun 2 weeks ago (or 15 min ago whatever) or gave the gun to a person? how will you deal with this? what will prevent an officer from doing this?

I am a person who loves to take advantage of guns laying around and hiding them or plain out buying them cheap, what stops a cop from looking at every gun and stating it came from that person, for some reason the person says it is his gun after the cop yelled that and now I am forced to give a gun back that was rightfully mine? won't that create a lot of unnecessary IA's?

I think that the tool will be too overpowered, too unclear and too abused.

Good points. Maybe making it so that the fingerprints dissapear after it was stored or after a couple of minutes, so that it can be used in investigations but not have too much impact on the situations you mentioned.

Max

Reaction score
As you said in your negatives I think that this would overcomplicate things and detract from the fun aspects of conducting and avoiding police investigations. I think overall it’s too large and impactful of an addition to add for minor reasons

Reaction score
Your name is not tied to any kind of murder if you didn't shoot anyone with that gun. It will only show who last touched the item. It does not mean you are at all involved in a murder for selling the weapon, plus there'd be a rough date and time (I've added this to the suggestion) on the print that was pulled from the gun.

They need concrete proof that you committed a crime. Touching the gun does not mean you broke the law. It's just an addition to linking you to specific crimes, or locating the correct weapon.
Considering a gun could have had 15 different owners before you, the last 3 who touched it is too short a list to link you to having stolen a gun, plus there is no direct evidence to prove that the item was stolen.
Sure, if a victim of a mugging can correctly identify the item lost, who the last two people were to touch it by name or appearance, they can pull the gun off you and return it to the owner if there's sufficient reason to believe it was actually stolen. This DNA is an aid in investigations, not proof of crime.

Up to devs to decide wether or not it's something to be accounted for. I don't care either way.

Last edited: