[Suggestion] Remove org chat logs from staff console

• Thread starter Deleted member 4116
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4116

Main idea: Title says it

Description: Remove org chat logs from the staff console so staff members can't use it for their own advantage. They can use the org logs on the forums any time they want. Because using it in-game can give them a big advantage. It happened in the past as well where staff members use it as an advantage and now aswell. Add a live tracker aswell so Senior Admins+ can see when staff logged into the online logs/how long they have been looking at it/when.

Pros:
No metagaming
Stops spamming staff console with messages :)

Cons: None because they can use the logs on the forums to see org logs if they want to.

Reaction score
I said this in the discussion post and I’ll go ahead for a last time.

There is no reason as to why staff should have organisational messages appear on their console because it can be a complete and unfair advantage to criminals vs criminals or police vs criminals because staff can look at the messages on a sly and use that information to get an upper hand.

even if experienced players know about this, new players joining organisations would be unaware of this fact.

If I can recall, your logs as staff are logged in terms of checking certain things within SCAM bans. SCAM bans is there for the organisational messages to be checked in the situations of mugging, NLR and furthermore. These can be checked after an AR or a F6 is created.

If you argue that staff can just check for those breakages in game in the console then that’s just pure laziness. There is literally no difference, scambans is more useful then just looking at the console since it provides time stamps and all the necessary details.

I know without a doubt many and if not all of the staff at some point have ‘accidentally’ or on purpose looked at the console and used the information they gained unfairly against people.

Status
Not open for further replies.