[Suggestion] Rule 2.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Note that I've decided to highlight the changes in red to make it easier to see what's being suggested for change.

What rule do you wish to edit: 2.6 Reporting a Rule-Breaker.
If it is believed that another player has broken a rule, the ‘/report’ function is expected to be used to inform an Administrator. If a player(s) is in a role-play situation with another player(s) who has broken a rule, after the ‘/report’ function has been used, the former player(s) should continue the role-play situation as best as to their ability, and within the confines of the rules, until either it has ended and/or an Administrator intervenes.

Your version of the rule: 2.6 Reporting a Rule-Breaker.
If it is believed that another player has broken a rule, the report function (F6 key on your keyboard) is expected to be used to inform an Administrator. If a player(s) is in a role-play situation with another player(s) who has broken a rule, after the report function (F6 key) has been used, the former player(s) should continue the role-play situation as best as to their ability, and within the confines of the rules, until either it has ended and/or an Administrator intervenes.
Players may also use the report function if they require administrative assistance in general, for example being stuck somewhere.

When reporting another player, please make sure you include:
- The names of anyone involved.
- Exactly what happened.
- When the events took place.
- Which rules were broken and by who.

Why you believe this rule should be edited: Updating and removing obsolete and unnecessary information. While /report does open the report menu, updated information on how to access the menu without typing in /report every single time is much better than the hard way. It would be a better habit to use F6 instead of typing /report and having the possibility of accidentally typing it out in local chat.
John Doe: [Local] report
This has the unfortunate side effect of affecting roleplay and bringing OOC matters in-character as it so often does when someone decides to act on the mistake.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The f6 addition and a sentence to explain that reports aren't all necessarily to report a rule breaker should be fine. The rest are already written when you create a report so I find them unnecessary.
Instead of the following
Reports are not limited to reporting players, for example you may also make reports for being stuck in unowned properties, or stuck in other ways where the automatic un-stuck system can't assist and an administrator may need to intervene.
I think this sounds better:
Players may also use the report function if they require administrative assistance in general, for example being stuck somewhere.

Reaction score
I suppose that is true. I think I'll rewrite the suggestion.

Reaction score
Regardless of if it's written or not in the F6 Menu, the server rules are the first thing any new player reads so it would still be useful to include this information.

Reaction score
I agree with this too. I'd prefer to have information for redundancy purposes. Even if it's in the F6 menu, reading the same info under the report rule would prepare them for making a report later down the line.

Reaction score
@Lelios1 I see your point but the rules already look long and intimidating, its part of any rule list on any server. But this addition actually makes this rule, in particular, more friendly. It makes you feel like you can always reach out for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.