Police Suggestion The 'new' PLPD Online - 'BlueDuck'

Sam

Reaction score
Hi,

Development of the new PLPD Online is underway and will hopefully be done within the next 2 months if all goes as planned.

On the current website we are facing several issues, such as outdated software and bad code. This has resulted in several good ideas being scrapped as developing them would take too long. The new website is written on a better base, and is made in a way that makes it easier to change everything from ranks to permissions.

Before we release the new website we want to make sure that we have produced the best content possible, not only for command but for normal officers too. If you have an idea, reply to this thread and explain in detail. Also add images if applicable.

OeykJKs.png

LvTriu4.png

Sam

Reaction score
If we introduce more than one theme, then yes.

Ayjay

Reaction score
If I were to be elected as Chief of Department, I would continue with the production of Blueduck and get a BETA of some form out by January 2020 (just over a month away) - I believe that many functions of the Intranet could be moved in-game, to ensure that actual in-game activity is carried out in order for duties to be performed, rather than supervisors having plpd.online open in a tab to simply perform a patrol with somebody. Many other benefits will come from this new Intranet, but my main goal would be to strip back any unnecessary functions of this website.

Reaction score
Nothing needs removing... Nothing on there is not needed else it'd be removed already...
I don't see how putting most features to go in-game will help? I don't want to have to go in-game to write an OR For a training session or something where I can just do it VIA The intranet.
Please list what you think is not necessary.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I never said anything needed removing? I said that many functions could be moved in-game, meaning that Officers could spend time in-game rather than hours out of the game doing PD related work. Moving observation reports, some administrative work and training work in-game would benefit players and the player count greatly. Some members of the department sit in a Teamspeak channel and don't actually engage with the whole concept around the department.

Doing things such as interviews, applications and observation reports in-game just makes sense from a roleplay perspective. It's something we've wanted to do for a while, as it's a net benefit for the server.

Sam

Reaction score
I did not intend to reply to any of these posts regarding "campaign" promises etc.. but to clarify I will. So people are not misinformed, as I have received quite a lot of messages with questions about this.

I will stay in the PD and continue development of the new intranet as I don't think it will ever be finished if I leave, it has been in development for many years and during this time several developers have given up. The current build that I have basically developed myself is the one we have gotten farthest with, so I will stay until it is completed.

Sam

Reaction score
I think what ayjay means is that more tasks should be done in game instead of in your web browser. Like observation reports, we could easily implement so you have to beingame to create them. I dont think he suggests that we remove anything, just that we force officers to be ingame rather.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Samuel is a huge asset to the IT team and like he said there's no way that the Intranet will be finished without his assistance - I hope to push forward the priority of Blueduck (Should I become Chief) and get a BETA out by January.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I'm all for interviews, investigations, training ect to be done a lot more in-game. Team-speak and the academy server take's a lot and additions like this add a lot to RP and takes us away from the tryhard fps shooter the server became. There's nothing stopping a new map giving us the ability to do this in future, could even give command teams offices like oberst-guppen fuhrer's have in the reich **cough**

Deleted member 5193

@Ayjay would you not be interested in helping work on it if you weren’t to get Chief?

Ayjay

Reaction score
@Daigestive I think even from a common sense perspective, a declining player count (which IMO has been contributed to by the department), can be assisted by offering the same functions in-game that people spend hours on plpd.online for.

Ayjay

Reaction score
@Tom I've already got access to the repo, and have told Samuel I'd be happy to help develop it even before his announcement to part from the PD. My aim is to contribute towards what is best for the server & what the players want, whilst I do believe me returning as Chief will allow me to do much more much quicker, the aim is unchanged regardless.

Reaction score
@Samuel by making them in game it doesn't help. I'd rather not have to go in game to write an observation report for a training session.

Ayjay

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson If you read what I said you'd realise that's not what I'm saying - Training sessions are obviously different, but generally we want to provide in-game alternatives to plpd.online, in order to encourage PD members to go in-game to complete work.