Thoughts about the future?

Reaction score
Just like the title says, what thoughts do you have about your future? And with that I mean what do you want to work with? Do you have any plans on moving to another country? Maybe you already are old enough and have already started to work?

My plans:

I don't have any plans on moving, but 2018 im joining the military (kinda forced to, but I would do it anyways). And maybe then keep on working there to become a military police or a protection guard for airforce bases.

I've looked thru the first two pages here and couldn't find any thread like this. If there already is one, why not update your thoughts here.

Reaction score
Well in about 5 years I plan to attend SPBGUGA (Saint Petersburg government university of civil aviation) or other flight school, then try to get into an airline, but that won't be earlier than 2025

Reaction score
Well, I have nothing to do until my apprentinceship starts which is at August. I am still applying for other stuff here and there if it's better, etc. If all fails (god knows how that could happen) I still have a shot at civil services in the Bundeswehr where there is plenty to choose from or stick to Cole's recommendation which would be the Bundespolizei (Federal Police IIRC in English?) which also interests me.

I necessarily wouldn't move out. Because I wasn't such a drama case and did my stuff well my parents put a lot of trust into me and would leave our current house in Germany up to me when I get older and they would just chill it out in Turkey in Izmir, still being in contact of course. I plan on visiting other countries, mainly Britain (or not, who knows what happens Brexit will bring) and maybe one of the Scandinavian countries.

Time flies, everything will come at you at the age of 18/after school. It's a long road but it's been worse in the past. My dad started working underground (coal mines) already at the start of 17 and started pension around at the age of 50~, receives money both from Germany and Turkey which can add up like mad later. And after that you may become like Notch in his current state, you're successful, you have your money, you're old (maybe not Notch). Become a living meme on Twitter or do something else, enjoy life, do something out of it while you can.

~end of lifestory~

Last edited:
Reaction score
@olliephillips2001 share your future choices.

I wan't to get an apprenticeship in something in the building trade, i know not very ambitious but i'm trying to be realistic and i'm doing good in my subjects such as Res Mat (Resistant Materials) and Construction.
Hopefully i can do this :/

Reaction score
I'm currently a software engineer and IT student, and intend to continue beign a software engineer after graduating, from there I honestly have no clue, I'll just have to see what happens and what's possible.

I'll probably buy a car in about 2 to 3 months (VW Golf ftw), then start saving up towards a house and go from there.

I have a boring life.

Reaction score
I am currently in my 4th year of heavy education and I work part time at a store, it's alright for now but not what I have in mind as future...
I would like to attend to the Maritiem Acadamy in Amsterdam which basicly is a captain school, there I want to get my first steeringman on all ships certificate and get some more time on open sea... After 4 years of being on sea I have enough experience to attend to the last destination I have in mind which is "Loodswezen" (basicly if foreign people enter the Netherlands on a ship they most likely are not familliar with the conditions and what not so they hire a 'loods' to help them and navigate them into the harbour) where I will keep working untill I am 70 and retire.
Zeevaart%202%20500%20x%20320.jpg

officieralleeschepen_energymaritime_1_niv4_techniekprocesict.jpg

MN1-p40-43-Barkmeijer-openingsfoto-1-klein.jpg

1be81940c33be65e96a599f6381ae400_500x500_fit.jpg

That is what I want to do, but life gets you to weird places you know :)

Reaction score
I'll finish my havo, maybe go vwo and get a hbo in informatica / it or similar, then will go digital forensic for the police and get a free gun too. Im serious.

Reaction score
I'll finish my havo, maybe go vwo and get a hbo in informatica / it or similar, then will go digital forensic for the police and get a free gun too. Im serious.

Be very careful when going from VWO to HBO. A lot of people that do that drop out pretty early because they simply lack the knowledge they would've gotten with a MBO course. Unless you absolutely know everything an MBO student should know about IT (SCRUM, Agile, a couple of programming languages, UML) that could end badly.

Reaction score
Be very careful when going from VWO to HBO. A lot of people that do that drop out pretty early because they simply lack the knowledge they would've gotten with a MBO course. Unless you absolutely know everything an MBO student should know about IT (SCRUM, Agile, a couple of programming languages, UML) that could end badly.

Can't agree more. Im currently doing MBO first year. Its pretty easy till now but im learning some handy skills that i can use later on HBO

Reaction score
My plan is just to keep doing my years I still have 4 years of education left then it's of to the military with me for X years. Then at the age of 30-35 I will join the police force atlast that is my plan then it might change but one thing is clear army for life and I have no intention for it to change.

Reaction score
Can't agree more. Im currently doing MBO first year. Its pretty easy till now but im learning some handy skills that i can use later on HBO
//phone
Think you mightve read it wrong or that i said it wrong xd

I did 2 years of vwo but now do havo, not sure if after havo im going to do a hbo or hope i can go up to vwo, not sure about it yet. I probably wont ever have to deal with mbo things. If i manage to get my ass into vwo ill try a TU

Reaction score
For now I'm not doing anything but in about half a year when I turn 18 I'll turn to the danish army and get settled there. When I've got the military education finished, I'll seek in the danish police. And eventually if an opportunity reveals, be a part of the AKS (Aktionsstyrken, Danish Special Intervention Unit) however that's far in the future.

Reaction score
Im looking to get into retail but my real hopes are becomming a computer technician.

But that won't happen with an american billionaire with a name related to british slang and his finger on the fire button. So all things considered I think im doing well for now. But if anyone has a problem with computer hardware lemme know but not what graphics card is best because mine is so old its steam powered.

Reaction score
Slightly surprised at how many people also want to become feds, here's my little plan:
  • get my 3 a levels (at a* to c)
  • apply as a Special Constable next year in March
  • apply for Oxford University at the same time
  • do my 2 maybe 3 years in uni (extra year for a masters degree in policing)
  • get paid low wages with no overtime, being spat at, chasing swans and constantly fearing my life, just as I like it lmao