Weapon Update Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
logo.png

As I'm sure almost everyone is aware by now, the weapon update is now live. Yes, there were some bugs and stuff, but for how massive this update was and all the things that could go wrong, I would personally say it went actually very well. Some things reported to me are a bit mysterious still, but I'm sure in due time they will make sense. Anyways I'm not going to try to list everything that was fixed, changed, added, etc with this, but here's a partial rundown.

New guns/weapons! Lots redone regarding weapons to help make them feel smoother and act more like how they should so it doesn't feel so laggish and awful.
  • AK-74U
  • AK-101
  • AS50
  • AUG A3
  • Double Barrel Shotgun
  • (craftable) G36C
  • Glock 17
  • Glock 18C
  • L85A2
  • L115A3
  • Mk 2 grenade
  • P99
  • P226
  • PM
  • PPK
  • SCAR-L
  • UMP45
  • USP40
  • Mini-Uzi
Attachments!
  • Aimpoint
  • EOTech
  • Compact EOTech
  • Microdot
  • Reflex sights for pistol and rifle
  • Red dot
  • ACOG
  • 4 different magnfication scopes
  • Suppressors for all calibers but a couple
  • Optional stocks for better recoil management
Police skins!
  • All police vehicles have new skins
  • Police SUV for sergeants+
  • Police uniform changed to have badges according to their rank (still some bugs to work out)
Monorail App
New police jail dialog that allows you to enter a reason
Enhanced dispatcher map

We included a number of other fixes and requested suggestions, to be honest I can't remember them all but they're there. As noticed there are several levels of purity for refined metal now, this was done in part to create a way for people to decide between having quick access to a material for a high price or save some money and refine it themselves. This also allows gun stores to be a bit more competitive with each other and can price the same item differently by a fair margin.

Firearms levels used to be gained by crafting the item that was the highest level that you unlocked, however we have changed that to help save us a headache of keeping track of every item and what it should give in a balanced way because it definitely wasn't perfect before. Now firearms experience is given based on the price of the component made, so the more expensive ones (e.g. receivers) give more experience than a simple foregrip.

To anyone that had their thin concrete barricades replaced with Colt M1911 slides, they're not awfully different in price so hopefully you can make good use of them (sorry). There are a number of features and stuff we know that are not 100% done at this time, but we do intend to update and fix these issues. We will also rework some things as in what weapons SWAT / police have access to, but with the time constraints we had we could not do that too until after. So regarding weapons, please do not make suggestions until after the next major update, if there is a bug please report on the issue list though.

There are a few more things that may work their way into the next update as well. We will continue to do bug fixes quickly as more are discovered. Thank you to everyone reporting them although some things put onto the bug list really weren't bugs. Anyways I hope you all can enjoy this and make some new amazing weapons to your liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
This update is truly amazing. Just want to thank @Xquality @StephenPuffs and @Fredy for the amount of work you guys have put into this update!

I think that is has and will bring in loads more people from their inactivity and has given alot of us something new to aim for.

Reaction score
Imagine having these weapons in the SWAT gamemode ;)

By far one of the best updates that was worth hyping for some people with so many options, alteast this didn't end up like the End of the Line update for TF 2 :laughcry:

Thank you for your hard work. Enjoy the sausage money.

Reaction score
To anyone that had their thin concrete barricades replaced with Colt M1911 slides, they're not awfully different in price so hopefully you can make good use of them (sorry

I don't want to make 23 of the first gun :(.

Other than that the update is alright. Once bugs get ironed out.

Reaction score
Terrific update, enjoyed it very much so far. It's also lovely to have the legacy server to be on when waiting for slots at current peak times. :stephen:

Guess I'll make 10 colts.

Reaction score
Which good boy is going to make the new PH Crafter? Send me link when you're done plz thx :).

Reaction score
I don't like the new gun pricing at all.

As a member of the Paralake op police department I thought you'd like it haha. Imo it's made access to firearms harder and if someone does get one, they're not going to use it for no reason. Kinda reminds me of being a rebel in HL2RP.

Reaction score
List of things not added in the update but would have made people more happier:
  • New TDM cars as accepted in 2014.
  • Organisation bank.
Honestly, I don't care if it would. With how much time it took setting up all the new weapons, cutting up, reanimating, making attachments work first and third person, fixing some textures, redoing materials, mixtures, items, gun base, grenade base, and everything else there was no feasible way to put any focus into this as well. And for the longest time it was simply billed as a weapon update, clearly that doesn't involve cars. So you can just enjoy the fruits of literally 150+ hours of work amongst us developers for no additional cost, yet you have the nerve to tell us what more we should be doing? You make yourself look bad by saying such a thing.

This update also has far reaching abilities as to what we could do additionally; while adding a few more cars, who cares? Then you can pick from 130 cars instead of 115 or however many we have now. You may speak for yourself, but don't try to pretend you speak for the people with that nonsense. So if you aren't happy with it, tough luck pal, that's what it was for now and I hope you find something you do like afterall.

Reaction score
@StephenPuffs
You stated this:
StephenPuffs First important announcement will be made later, as for now I can tell you that this update is massive. As some parts are not weapons at all

Which meant that what you stated about this was a weapons only update is untrue and no I'm not complanning about the update I'm complaining about lack of information on what's being added and the fact that something which a police department suggests gets added way before things from 2014 - 2015 like you may not deal with them but in my opibion a majority of people would like to see some vehicles or anything new rather than guns, remember the plants you was adding in 2015? Never got added to this day.

All I'm trying to say is you put a lack of information and moaned at me because you didn't state that there was nothing other than components for citizen, despicable.

Reaction score
@StephenPuffs
You stated this:

Which meant that what you stated about this was a weapons only update is untrue and no I'm not complanning about the update I'm complaining about lack of information on what's being added and the fact that something which a police department suggests gets added way before things from 2014 - 2015 like you may not deal with them but in my opibion a majority of people would like to see some vehicles or anything new rather than guns, remember the plants you was adding in 2015? Never got added to this day.

All I'm trying to say is you put a lack of information and moaned at me because you didn't state that there was nothing other than components for citizen, despicable.

Do you really want to start with this? Alright let's do this then.
  1. You quote me, when I was talking about what the announcements may be about, not what the update contains. But not to mention as you can see from the original post there are some parts that aren't specifically weapons anyways. So you're already wrong.
  2. Are we now required to keep the whole community aware of every single thing regarding updates this massive? Not only is this impractical, it would slow development massively. I only put out some information as I see fit and often times as I'm going to bed. As well as, profile posts are limited to a number of characters which doesn't help, but I'm not going to make a new thread or post every time because of how that would just be cluttered to no end.
  3. Adding more vehicles is hardly a priority over making the game function in a more realistic and better coordinated manner. Not to mention adding what we did for police, such as the computer, takes no additional content updates, so we can work on that without having to do that too. I can't say whether or not you've hosted a server on GMod but updating our personal workshop content is a lengthy and annoying process with how much there is so we don't do them frequently.
  4. You can't really say what the "majority of people would like" when it's your personal opinion. Opinions are solely your own. Opinion: "a personal view, attitude, or appraisal." [dictionary.com]
  5. I do remember the plants, I remember them even being added briefly in 2015, do you? Which is why some people have pumpkins. Unless you're trying to say something else like we're slow in development. If so, I suggest you directly say that instead.
  6. "Nothing other than components for citizen", there clearly were other additions made for citizen; not to mention the fact like all other content updates we've ever had there is some content added which we can't add in directly at the time of release but does get added in over time.
And finally if you must know, I did mention not having time to add in vehicles among a few in TeamSpeak, but with the amount of work I was already having to do between server and personal, I had no time to go through the TDM cars to figure out what was new, what could be updated, correct all the materials, create 5 balanced scripts for each, put in light locations, add exit locations, place where damage smoke comes out, and finally exhaust pipes. Since TDM has updated some vehicles, I don't know if they contain the same bodygroups as before so if I update them improperly people will lose what they paid for, or they'll have some weird combo that potentially removes the wheels and rims. Which... Is not good, agree?

Reaction score
And I'm just sharing my personal opinion on what I hyped over and reality didn't come, I'm not complaining as I like the update I was just curious on where features which was urgently wanted and big back in day have got up to, the only reason why I was complaining is because I don't need to make guns I have around 300 of the things in storage but it's the plain fact I have fuck all to do with my money as I've had nearly all the cars on the server and something new like cars would have just made mine and any other rich persons life much better as we have a goal.

As I stated it's your guys server you deal with what's getting added.

Alex

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Seriously this seems so amazing... Literally i cant wait till im unbanned to try this out! Looks good cool update
@Xquality
@StephenPuffs

Since im banned -.- could someone make a video or something of the new guns in action? Id love to see them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.