Weapons update: More guns for civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Discussion Post:
https://perpheads.com/threads/as-val.34970/
https://perpheads.com/threads/adding-the-pineapple-grenade.35077/
https://perpheads.com/threads/fn-5-7.35106/ Thank you to @ICEKILLER_99 for suggesting this before I could!
https://perpheads.com/threads/sti-international-m2011-svi-infinity.35158/

Main Idea: Additional weapons for civilians.

Full description of the idea: After 2 discussion posts about weapons you want to see on PERP, as well as numerous suggestions for standalone guns, I have finally added up the weapons people wish to see on PERP:

AS VAL:
Model can be found all over the workshop, namely in this pack!
1543845709190.png
The AS VAL Is a russian assault rifle chambered in 9x39mm and features an internal suppressor.

SVI Infinity:
Model can be found here.​
1543845894035.png
Modernized handgun chambered in .45acp, basically an M1911 with tonnes of cool modern features, such as large combat glow sights, sleeker design and a recoil-compensating weighted magwell.
FN 5-7 (Credit to @ICEKILLER_99 ) :
1543845939266.png
Models can be found for this gun in MANY free to use workshop addons. This handgun features ammunition which is based heavily off the classic bottleneck assault rifle cartridge.

Pineapple grenade:
Fully functioning and spawnable in the server. It should be a bit stronger than the M67 and maybe even move props when detonated, with the drawback that it cant be thrown as far as the M67 due to its weight.
1543845989712.png

Why should it be added?:
The AS VAL And FN 5-7 should be added as high tier crafting weapons due to there armour destroying ammunition and the AS Vals internal suppressor. The Crafting price for the AS VAL should be 25-30k due to that being how much it would cost to craft an assault rifle with a suppressor. The FN 5-7 should have a crafting price of 7k similar to the SW500 as if its added with realistic damage features it'd be very strong.

The Pineapple grenade should be added to the crafting menu as its already on the server and it'd be nice to have new ways of blowing up @Exrobite

The SVI infinity should be added as there are only 3 weapons with a calibre of .45 on the server currently and it'd be nice to see more .45 weapons as its a common round IRL and many varieties of .45 handgun exist.

Pros:
General pros:

More weapons to enjoy using
Variety
Balance against the PD

AS VAL:
Unique
Useful
Model regularly available
Would make a nice alternative to the G3A3

FN 5-7:
Armour piercing handgun
wont take time finding model
Cult classic.

Pineapple grenade:
Already exists in the server
Nice alternative to the M67

SVI Infinity:
More .45 fun
Sleek, ultramodern handgun which would fit straight into the game mode.

Cons:

More items for the workshop
AS VAL and FN 57 might be incredibly OP and dominate all other guns.
The model for the SVI infinity might be a bit hard to get as it only exists in a small handful of small SWEP Packs, although models of it and similar guns can be found online but might have to be converted into Gmod.

*Other additions:
LET US USE ELECTRONIC RIFLE SIGHTS ON PDWS LIKE THE MP9 AND MP7 OR RIOT REEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anything relating to modelling is near enough off-limits due to @Xquality being M.I.A - If someone wants to make whatever and show us it, we'd be more than happy considering adding it to the game. Otherwise, possibility for this being added is slim, bud.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Hence why I've provided workshop links to the models of the guns? If they need to be broken down into crafting parts then I'm sure theres people in this community who can and would quite happily do so.

Reaction score
Nearly everything that has been added to perp has been made by our developers themselves, I doubt they would start using workshop content made by some random guy. It just won't work well with perpheads as it is.

Reaction score
the models you linked look like dick. Also, lets like, not steal awful weapon models and animations from the workshop yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.