What happened to blue duck?

Reaction score
I’ve been kinda away from the community for a while and just happened to check paralakenews out of curiosity and realised that the article I wrote, that feels like I wrote it just a month ago, giving a look at blue duck before it’s expected January release has been out for a year today

After a year (now 8 months since it’s expected release date), I’m wondering if I missed any news or a cancellation of this project or it was just given up?

Sam

Reaction score
The plan with Blueduck was that the PD would undergo changes at the same time, which would allow us to set a permanent PD structure, and have that in blue duck. But for the past year, almost nothing has happened in the PD. Which at least made me bored of spending my time coding it.

On top of that, I personally have very little time these days, I work as a full-time developer, and then I do code for perp, and on the side, I try to have a personal life. I've probably spent 50-60 hours on blue duck already. The issue is also that there is a lack of competent web developers that can stay focused on a project in this community.

Reaction score
they spray painted him
v4-460px-Paint-Duck-Decoys-Step-2.jpg.webp

Reaction score
Simple, Alot of things were planned, Weren't thought out and couldn't be finished after which I tried restarting it twice and failed. Alot of blueduck is done but I'll put it into the words of a developer, Its CRAP and not worth releasing in it's current state over vanillabear. It might be newer but it looks tragic and feels that way aswell. Given a team of web devs we could break down the bottlenecks, Get a proper non Blade front-end and turn the back-end into an API which would improve sustainability aswell as usability. After the countless hours I spent on getting it restarted or even done I don't think it's worth it and we might aswell officialy cancel it