Which command can cause this freeze upon connecting to server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So everytime I connect to the server its freeze, you can still see the chat etc but can't move till you reconnect been reconnecting for the past years I playing but what command can cause this? only happens on this server btw
autoexec cfg:

mat_monitorgamma "1.60000"
mat_monitorgamma_tv_enabled "1"
r_3dsky 0
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
r_drawbatchdecals 0
r_drawdetailprops 0
mat_antialias 0
mat_motion_blur_enabled 0
mat_vsync 0
volume 1

cl_cmdrate 30
cl_interp 0.1
cl_interp_ratio 2
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0
cl_updaterate 30
rate 30000

cl_wpn_sway_interp 0
r_spray_lifetime 0

mat_shadowstate 0
r_shadowmaxrendered 0
r_shadowrendertotexture 0
r_shadows 0

cl_show_splashes 0 .
r_cheapwaterstart 1
r_cheapwaterend 1
r_waterforceexpensive 0
r_WaterDrawReflection 0
mat_wateroverlaysize 4
r_eyes 0
r_flashlightmodels 0
r_threaded_particles
mat_bloomscale 0
mat_disable_bloom 1
mat_bumpmap 0
r_drawflex 0
cl_playerspraydisable 1
mp_decals 0
mat_filterlightmaps 0
r_forcewaterleaf 0
r_renderoverlayfragment 0
r_WaterDrawRefraction 0
r_shadowfromworldlights 0

Reaction score
cl_cmdrate 30
cl_interp 0.1
cl_interp_ratio 2
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0
cl_updaterate 30
rate 30000
cl_pred_optimize 2

Optimize for not copying data if didn't receive a network update (1), and also for not repredicting if there were no errors (2).
sounds the most shady to me. Considering you are still connected and don't crash, i don't think its a graphical issue but a network issue. One of your networking commands is doing this. I honestly recommend getting rid of them all; i don't think they are providing much benefit. Considering it only happens on this server; i can only guess it's because of PERP's complicated networking and Fredy's tickrate magic and scripts that mess with your interpolation.

If you really want these commands; i recommend you remove all of them (or disable them by putting two slashes infront of your command, so it is not activated) like so:

//config.cfg
cld_cmdrate 30
// cl_interp 0.1

then remove the slashes one by one until you discover which one is the cultprit.

Reaction score

Optimize for not copying data if didn't receive a network update (1), and also for not repredicting if there were no errors (2).
sounds the most shady to me. Considering you are still connected and don't crash, i don't think its a graphical issue but a network issue. One of your networking commands is doing this. I honestly recommend getting rid of them all; i don't think they are providing much benefit. Considering it only happens on this server; i can only guess it's because of PERP's complicated networking and Fredy's tickrate magic and scripts that mess with your interpolation.

If you really want these commands; i recommend you remove all of them (or disable them by putting two slashes infront of your command, so it is not activated) like so:

//config.cfg
cld_cmdrate 30
// cl_interp 0.1

then remove the slashes one by one until you discover which one is the cultprit.
I removed all of them and still freezing upon connect

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Try windowed mode on a low resolution with model resolution (texture/models/whatever else) to the minimum setting & try join after that.

Reaction score
Try windowed mode on a low resolution with model resolution (texture/models/whatever else) to the minimum setting & try join after that.
Don’t do this, it will not work and makes your game unstable. Always have your texture and models set to high, they don’t even impact performance that significantly.

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Don’t do this, it will not work and makes your game unstable. Always have your texture and models set to high, they don’t even impact performance that significantly.
Hahaha what?
Making it sound like a malicious attack, how can you be sure it will "not work" & "make the game unstable"?

Reaction score
Hahaha what?
Making it sound like a malicious attack, how can you be sure it will "not work" & "make the game unstable"?
Join the server and you'll see for yourself.

Texture resolution ᶦˢ ˢᵗᵒʳᵉᵈ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵃˡˡˢ is stored in your video memory. Source engine takes fuck all so even your onboard little graphics card can handle it. Model detail lowers the detail of models, duh, but cars and weapons are only provided in their highest model detail form, it takes too much storage otherwise. Therefore you'll see fucked up models stretching everywhere.

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Join the server and you'll see for yourself.

Texture resolution ᶦˢ ˢᵗᵒʳᵉᵈ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵃˡˡˢ is stored in your video memory. Source engine takes fuck all so even your onboard little graphics card can handle it. Model detail lowers the detail of models, duh, but cars and weapons are only provided in their highest model detail form, it takes too much storage otherwise. Therefore you'll see fucked up models stretching everywhere.
Bro just explained that lowering details lowering details.
It's almost as if seeing models stretch is not his issue. can you believe it? I'm sure he'll have a bad time when he doesn't get to play to the server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I believe it used to happen to me and others without any config, therefore making me believe it's something server-sided rather than client-sided. I guess Fredy can provide more info on that as he would know more

Status
Not open for further replies.