Whisper in government text based radio

Reaction score
Hi, I'm unsure if this is already a feature as I do not play often anymore and have not played for some time until recently. I am also unsure if this has been suggested already. I was promoted to suggest it by others.

Description of the idea:
A new command/function to transmit using government text based radio in "whisper" mode. For example, a /govw or /wgov command or if you can use a command within a command, /whisper then /gov or vice-versa.

Why should this be added? (pros):
I don't use voice chat all that often since I play in a noisy living room, and so I can't make good use of the government voice chat features.

Say I am a Paramedic, I spot flankers but they are too close for me to safely alert the other units. It's easy for others to press g and use the whisper government voice chat.

This suggestion gives players another option of communication that admittedly is not very valuable to most members will but is very valuable to a few others.

It also doesn't seem difficult or time consuming to implement.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
PLPD seems to rely on voice chat more than text chat and they encourage voice chat use whenever appropriate. Text based features sort of moves against this but in an insignificant way.

*Other additions:
Not for now.

None.

Reaction score
I just found this by BigBenji on another suggestion which can be found here:

"Setting your microphone to whisper already reduces the range of /mes and /descs iirc."

Is this is true for government text based radio as well?

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s applicable for government radio.
I just found this by BigBenji on another suggestion which can be found here:

"Setting your microphone to whisper already reduces the range of /mes and /descs iirc."

Is this is true for government text based radio as well?