Why are people banned forever?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6228
  • Start date

Deleted member 6228

First things first, I already know I'll probably get a large amount of hate from the player base for making this post, but I just want to start a discussion with people about the my incident and the entire thing of being permanently banned on perpheads. In no way is this post going to be an excuse for my behavior but rather comparing cheating on here to esports and other games.

First off, I can see why cheaters are banned forever on perp. GMODs anti cheat hasn't been updated since release, if you know how VAC works, it compares cheats to ones they have on their database and bans people with programs that are running that code or similar, but this is a problem when the database has never been updated since release, this means servers have to take action into their own hands and either make or use publicly available anticheat. However these are never amazing and people slip through all the time which makes the act of finding cheaters by hand very labor intensive as you have to have staff hand review demos etc to convict someone. So I can understand the zero tolerance policy behind it seeing as it can be hard to detect people. If they did it once, they'll do it again right? Well, no.

A number of e-sports will often allow players that have been caught cheating to come back to play, these players go away and reform themselves and eventually return, for CSGO this is the case with Emilio and KQLY. While they cannot go to Valve sponsored events, they can still compete in ESEA and FACEIT the two largest providers of matchmaking for CSGO, they only have a 2 year ban for cheaters. I understand this is different for perp as their anticheats are incredible, but why can bans for cheaters on perp not be a similar time frame or timed at all? These people reach the highest tier of play for their respective game and are given another chance to prove themselves.

I'm not saying a blanket unban or release dates for everyone, just for cases to be reviewed individually. I am going to use me and Shokron as an example. We are both older players who made a stupid mistake, I wont go into different reasoning or anything, but we have gone away and reformed ourselves, we are willing to let staff/players review our demos as well as wiping our ingame accounts. I just find it hard to understand how pro players for certain games are eventually allowed back to their sports, but people who are genuinely reforming and attempting to come back and be a positive influence for the server are not even given a chance to prove themselves.

In conclusion, I just want to hear from different members of the community as to why they think I and various others do not deserve to come back to the game, despite trying to positively improve ourselves.

Reaction score
The forever ban isnt really meant as a punishment, more a deterrent to other people thinking of cheating.

Google Chrome

Communication Banned
Reaction score
This post has been made already by at least 4 more cheaters so what's the point of you just redoing it lol, that's not gonna get you unbanned or effect anything

Deleted member 6228

Then whats the problem with people reforming and genuinely trying to change not being able to come back? Trust issue maybe?

Reaction score
Being banned permanently for cheating is what the Staff team put in, of course people might of cheated more in terms of self gain compared to others, but it’s still the fact of cheating, I agree with the permanent ban but at the same time I agree you should gain a second chance, the reason cheating is so severe is that it’s cheating, it’s unfair and plain wrong and messed up for fellow players and possibly friends.

@Shokron13 has reformed himself and shows care and takes time to come on TS and Forums to try make a decent impression, he imposed a demo check if he was to ever be unbanned in which he gives up his weekly demos to staff to review if he’s cheating and an account reset.

Deleted member 6228

I agree its pretty messed up, but how would a second chance be done?

Deleted member 6228

Isn't really an attempt to get unbanned but to see the reason why players would maybe not like to see certain players return

Reaction score
@Inchs an account reset and demo check weekly once unbanned is all I can think of after speaking to fellow buddy @Shokron13, of course most staff don’t want to check demos all week.

Reaction score
Cheaters never deserve to come back cause you would never know if they would cheat again (and no staff member would be arsed wasting their precious time reviewing your demos every week), IMO cheating is in whole other class. If you get banned for 7 years it's basically like being banned permanently as well, cause the server is probably not going to run for 7 more years.

You can't compare Esports games to a small roleplay server due to the Anti-cheat differences you brought up. If there was a new anti-cheat being released similar to the Rust one I would agree with cheaters getting 3-year bans or something. It doesn't matter if you're reformed cause you already ruined the roleplay experience for several others, do you think someone that for example stole from their employer would get a second chance? Cause that's basically what cheaters do to Perp, steals money from it by making people leave and not buy premium.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6228

I am stupid, didnt see the last part.
I mean me and shokron have basically offered everything we can, account wipes, PC checks, I even offered to give over my CH account so that I am unable to access it.

Deleted member 6228

We have offered to have our accs wiped however, meaning any unfair gain doesn't go into the server.
Some people also cheat for longer/differently then others and its different case by case

Deleted member 6228

thats why I offered to post my demos publicly for everyone to see, staff dont have t oreview, players could

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if your account is wiped, you've already ruined the RP experience for several people.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You're not stupid, I edited the post and added in the little bit at the end mate, no problemo. I know about shokron offering to do such things, but obviously, I'm not staff nor do I know the policies fully on cheating besides its a perma, I hope you get the discussions you'd like on this thread and I hope my input changed your view a bit!

Deleted member 6228

People do this all the time with different rule breaks, yet they are not banned forever

Reaction score
If you cheated you get yeeted.

I dont see a reason for cheaters to get unbanned but thats just me, I wouldn't really care if a cheater got unbanned (Except a specific few). When you cheat on PERP you're ruining the game for everyone else playing honestly and actually working to get good and this unfair advantage ruins PERPheads for many people. On top of this, The permanent ban also makes a great deterrant for anyone looking to ragehack anytime soon.

Deleted member 6228

What if they wanted to genuinely make a positive influence again?

Reaction score
Once cheater, always a cheater. That's true at least on some level. At least for me. In my opinion cheaters shouldn't deserve a second chance because they might cheat again if they get frustrated of losing or something. I cheat from time to time on CS:GO (not in my videos tho because that would be retarded) but always I think that I never cheat again but it's false. I cheat because it's so much easier and with my trust factor matches are filled with cheaters anyways so it doesn't really matter if I cheat.

I am sure you knew very well that cheaters have never gotten a second chance on this server and I think that staff has said that before. If you get unbanned then others might cheat as well because they know they can get a second chance which is not good at all.

So yeah, you were a nice guy Inchs, but cheating against legit players is really fucked up.

Reaction score
Dont get us wrong, we totally agree, after we did what we did we never condoned cheating, and everytime i was asked about it by anyone, i would always say: Thats a terrible mistake to do and i wished i wouldve never even went on the CH site.
We are constantly trying to prove our change, in the way we carry our selfs and the way we act to members of the community, we are always there to help and been pretty active over TS and forums other then this week (for me).