Why does perp seem so anti-growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have literally seen on multiple occasions senior players saying in /OOC that they hate this boom, all these new sweaters etc. Why do you hate that your server has boomed???

Like, sure us new people are annoying and still learning shit, but new players = new revenue for the server.
9jntzz6c33c61.jpg

Reaction score
It is like a csgo match, if you with 1 of your friends end up in a team with newbies and you are against 4 players which are experts, obviously you are gonna cry.

Even though your statement that you see everyone complain. I also see a lot of new sweaters getting introduced to the game too. Bigger organisations putting their wings around them and help them grow.

Newer players just rather break more rules making it annoying when mugging, raiding, driving, shooting etc but they are learning and every single one that sticks we are happy for!

Reaction score
Hey trey, I'm sorry the player base made you feel like that. As a matter of fact, we love having new players. The staff have even worked to cut down on toxicity to prevent people from feeling discouraged so I'm sorry you feel that way. If you need any help on the server you can always PM me or if this problem persists you can talk to @Efan about the people making you feel unwelcome.

Reaction score
Don't let a small minority represent the majority of players on the server, a huge chunk of the playerbase(myself included) is very happy with this influx of players due to the fact that it makes the server once again interesting for them.

Let the bitter players be bitter in their small little corner, as long as you're having a good time and the majority are as well then there's nothing to be worried about, people who like to be pressed about non-issues will always be pressed about non-issues.

Reaction score
As a new player I would say that most people do like to take care of new players and help them. But there is one organization that is just overwhelming negative and I'd say are the leading cause of people leaving the server. They raid new players literally every hour and attempt to extort new players saying the only way to get ahead on the server is to pay them for protection. Unfortunately many people who do want to play fall into that trap and pay, only to encourage that kind of toxic game play. I would say a word that rhymes with the color they wear but nothing rhymes with orange...

Reaction score
lmao. I am definitely experiencing the hourly raids. It is annoying, but I refuse to pay these orgs money for protection so I guess we just have to die!

Reaction score
@Dapsas you don't just like raiding, you're just a toxic player who doesn't understand the concept of roleplaying, you have 29 bans for a reason and how you're not permanently banned yet is a fucking joke to me. You're literally one of the worst roleplayers on the server, you don't care if they're new players and you're generally toxic everywhere, including OOC

Reaction score
I saw someone talking about being raided so I thought I’d offer this

One of the things that truly make my blood boil is hearing newer players talking about having to put fees to larger orgs so they don’t get raided, it’s unfortunate but often times one or two orgs dominate the player base at any given time, and will often try to sell you ‘protection’ from themselves.

Since this is a recurring issue, I’ll give you a few tips o how to survive a raid as a newer player:

- Build defences if you can afford it ( newer players often don’t want to make it look like an apartment is owned, so if you still want to attempt the look of an ‘empty’ apartment, leave windows unblocked and don’t let anything be visible from outside )
- Make sure you have a good but easy to use gun, for defending I always recommend shotguns for newer players, try and get a benneli or Remington, they are OP for defence and come at a fairly cheap price
- GET A HOUSE ALARM - not enough new players do this, you can buy these in safety first and they mean the second your raided, you have the entire PLPD flanking FOR YOU, the PLPD now know exactly which apartment and house is also being raided so they don’t (hopefully) enter by mistake
- Base with other people! There are lots of newer players who have the same issues! The more you can base with the longer you can hold out on a large scale raid (and maybe even win)
- Let them know you’re new! Especially if you’re on your own basing, letting people know you’re brand new is essential. While some players still don’t respect this, the majority of large orgs currently won’t raid you if you’re new.

A final note: some larger orgs will let you base with them, just ask!

Reaction score
We build decent I feel, We have nice guns, No plpd at these hours typically. We base 3-6 deep.

Majority of my complaint is how orgs bypass 5.3, or raid you on the dot consistently. With the latter not as bad since you still get 1hr. Also the amount of times they just run you over on sidewalks, while getting gas etc is aids.

They bypass 5.3 by say, send 2-3 org members in then send another 2-3, or call friends "hey there's a good raid here." If 5.3 applied Org wide maybe it'd be pretty useful. In its current state it can be rather pointless as it only prevents 1-4 man orgs from really raiding you repeatedly.

appreciate your tips, will definitely watch for these things and ask the non-toxic vets to help out

Status
Not open for further replies.