[SOLVED] Have i gone mental or is my pc supernatural? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So recently, 2 weeks ago either my pc plays skype calls from skype and plays conversations over ts3. I need to know if my pc is meant to do this, but I AM NOT PART OF ANY OF these calls and conversations because my pc is shut off during night. And i start hearing it when i am unaware. I paid attention to if it had any specific time it started, and i figured this time; 03:33. Have i gone mental or is it really my pc?

I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!

Reaction score
I Got some kind of same issue. Some nights at exactly 03:05 my PC turns on. Both my stationary and my laptop. It's getting really annoying.

Reaction score
Never encountered this however my computer decided to do 212 updates at once last night and it is still not done. You could always try turning your router off if it cant call on skype or ts3 what can it do?

Or you can always use the switch located on the back of the power supply right where the power cable plugs in.

But if you want to and if you are aware of take a look at who your computer is trying to contact that may give you some idea.

Reaction score
Ah right if you got windows 10 it sets it's auto updates to install at 3.30am if you put it to "Sleep" it will auto turn on your PC install and restart itself just go into windows update settings and set it to "Notify to schedule restart" then once that's in place it should pop up saying "I will restart at 3.30am to install updates" at that point you can either install them there and then or change the time.

Reaction score
It does not help to unplug my PC, even if i'm not in a skype call or on TS3 and skype it plays conversations through my headphones at 100% sound. Last night i thought i heard my friend saying 2 - 9 - 6. But i weren't in a skype call at all, nor a TS3 channel, my PC were in sleep mode. So i don't understand this. My bro sleeps next room, but he's away until next week. I even went in to check if it was his PC. But it's shut off, completely.

This night it bothered me SO MUCH i put my phone on to record the entire night, I went to sleep about 15 minutes after putting it on. But i mainly think i am going mental and being extremely paranoid.

About 30 secs ago, right now i just heard knocking in the wall behind me, two knocks.

It also plays radio static at 100% sound at times.

Reaction score
Firstly it's probably just you who becomes paranoid by your computer turning on (about the knocking part) and my moms laptop turned on at night because of updates, that was because she didnt turn it off fully
[DOUBLEPOST=1438606600,1438606259][/DOUBLEPOST]@Exnem You're just paranoid, go talk to someone about it
[DOUBLEPOST=1438607300][/DOUBLEPOST]To be honest if you're scared talk to your mom, exnem

Reaction score
A computer being able to switch on with no power is very odd however a portion of power remains even if it is unplugged unplug it then try switch it on you will get 1 second then it will knock off again. Also what kind of house do you live in and is it possible that you just have noisy neighbours?

If anything helps my phone started playing a wierd tone that sounded like it belonged to a game or something and it was creeping me out for ages until I realised that it was from my phone. After restarting the phone it has never happened for sometime.

Reaction score
I had almost the same issue, Maybe it's because @Fredy 's jumpscare made you paranoid? I always hear people talk when i start my PC, turns out it was late-voice-transmission from GMod from the last server I joined, Because I didn't press the "Disconnect" button while I put my PC into sleep mode.

Reaction score
Problem solved

The first stage amplifying transistor in most audio amps will act like a detector stage when it is presented with modulated RF. The transistor’s maximum operating frequency is high enough to be reactive to those frequencies, but the circuit’s cutoff is just above the audio frequency range. So the audio gets feed through from the RF signal coming in, while the RF gets dumped, and you hear the audio in the output of the amplifier.

The poor quality audio cables that come with most computer speakers are quite ineffective at keeping RF out.

Close to a major interstate, or truck stop, i will often hear truckers bleeding through the audio amplifier equipment. I would hear anything from people talking, to playing sound effects, and music. You know, the normal junk that goes on, on CB.

Reaction score
It was worse for me, my phone dock station started playing "WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!" in the middle of the night and it wouldnt fucking turn off.

But seriously, either you're house is haunted or you are sleepwalking or something.
This has happened with my laptop once tho... I paused a youtube video and put the laptop in sleepmode, 30 mins later it wakes up and starts playing the vid.

Reaction score
Interference comming from transmitters as Exnem said he was getting it from CB radio's.

I had the same thing with my phone it just suddenly started laying this looping tune fixed it by restarting my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.