• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1235

Is this a new law or a change to a current law:
New Law
What law do you wish to change/add:
10.4 Public Order Offence
"It is an offence to create a public nuisance, or to act in such a manner, that can be defined as either intimidating, threatening or be seen as general anti-social behaviour in public".
Maximum $500 fine, followed by $1000 for repeat offences.
Why should this change/addition be made:
Currently, there is no real legislation set around public order offences. There are instances where groups can sometimes gather, and whilst not necessarily loitering or breaking 10.1, they are being a nuisance.
What is the aim of this change/addition:
This law aims to prevent groups of people from acting "silly". By silly I mean, via either intimating behaviour or just by upsetting the general public. Examples include groups of people playing with cones outside the bank. It can be described as Anti-Social behaviour, to which it starts to affect negatively on others.

Additional Information:
Perhaps be used for some private properties? If your neighbours at subs are making noise in public, and just genuinely being annoying, they can be reported to the police.

Very hard to word this properly, so if anyone has a better way of saying it, please let me know. I hope you get the general jist of where I'm aiming.

Reaction score
Simply being in a place together without lawful purposes is covered under the loitering law. If people are acting in the ways described above then they are contravening 10.1 and can be dealt with that way.

Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.