3.4 being cut down, made more specific, or split up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: 3.4 being cut down, made more specific, or split up
Suggestion Description: I propose the staff team make 3.4 more specific or split it up into multiple rules.

Why should this be added?:
3.4 of a rule alone can be so wide ranged it insane

What negatives could this have?:
- nothing really

What problem would this suggestion solve?: getting banned 24/7 for 3.4

Its common sense

Don't do anything that would put your life at significant risk OR that would increase your chance of getting arrested significantly without a reason.

Isn't that hard to follow......

They made it even more idiot-proof by including examples in the rule itself, like telling people you cant break people out of jail unless they have been arrested for 7 or more years. You don't need the rule to be broken down, it's simple enough as it is.

Just read the rules, don't be silly and you will be fine :)

Instead of all this "Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.

This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically;

A few common examples of unreasonable risks includes, but is not limited to:

• Running on the highway without a justifiable reason
  • Loitering around the vicinity of a shootout you are not a part of or being within the line of fire from both intentional and accidental fire. Users must flee the scene of a shootout and wait for police to clear the scene and reopen the area to the public. This applies regardless of you being restrained or not.
  • Murdering a police officer(s) to avoid yourself or others receiving a minor punishment, such as a small ticket or a minor jail sentence
  • Loitering around the scene of a crime you committed with the intention of engaging in more combat
  • To not comply with reasonable orders given under the direct threat of a lethal weapon pointed at you, such as a mugging.
  • Committing a violent or serious crime, such as murder, theft, arson, etc. whilst knowing that police are in direct eyeshot of the scene you wish to commit the crime at.
  • After committing a crime, relevant precautions should be taken to avoid arrest or police attention, such as avoiding public places.

Some valid reasons to kill police officers include:

• Risk of a long prison sentence, typically 7 years or more
  • Preventing the imminent detection of drug production.
  • Committing a violent crime police would reasonably use lethal force to apprehend you for."

Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general wellbeing at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons. For example, you are going to go to jail for 8 or more years, you're in an active pursuit, Or your illegal substances are going to be found.

This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically.

Its common sense

Don't do anything that would put your life at significant risk OR that would increase your chance of getting arrested significantly without a reason.

Isn't that hard to follow......

They made it even more idiot-proof by including examples in the rule itself, like telling people you cant break people out of jail unless they have been arrested for 7 or more years. You don't need the rule to be broken down, it's simple enough as it is.

Just read the rules, don't be silly and you will be fine :)
The way I find roleplay enjoyable personally more is when rule systems allow you to roleplay a dumbass within reason. Sometimes it's fun for everyone when a criminal takes a worthless risk without negatively effecting the roleplay experience of others. That's just my take and my preference though. Rules expect you to always be highly calculated and highly reasonable when initiating / conducting any crime.

An example would be how it would be 3.4 to run a red light in front of a cop at intersection. A criminal can spin that into a funny interaction by having a goose chase with the police based on a backstory tying back to who he is. A racer who has a grudge over being caught, a chop shopper who wants to make cops break their cars chasing or even just a person who is on a friendly banter status with that specific cop so he wants to take him on a chase to tease him after losing him.

Furthermore, new (and older) players can try healthy experiments if they have a good approach for new rp that ensures everyone is having fun when they do crime without having to worry about being banned for being creative.

TL DR don't read what I said. If you really care, I'm basically saying I wish "risking your freedom" wasn't a thing because I feel like it halts creativity in certain ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.