3.4 - Putting your life at risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.4 - Putting your life at risk

Your version of the rule:

Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons - such reasons that are only in character benefits or risks.
This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:

Recently I was in a mod-sit and a player had broken 3.4 for the benefit of enhancing his role playing experience and I felt that this was not what the rules implied as benefits as using such reasoning to put his freedom at risk would be influencing his IC actions with OOC reasoning. I think the rule should clarify that using OOC benefits is not a valid reason to risk their freedom.

Reaction score
if players do something and its within the rules its fine, if its not then staff deal with it.

I feel like this would be really pointless

Reaction score
if players do something and its within the rules its fine, if its not then staff deal with it.

I feel like this would be really pointless

-on phone-
I talked to two admins and they too believed that it should only be in character benefits. The mod that dealt with the situation said that he had never had to deal with roleplay like the guy I felt broke 3.4

Reaction score
-on phone-
I talked to two admins and they too believed that it should only be in character benefits. The mod that dealt with the situation said that he had never had to deal with roleplay like the guy I felt broke 3.4

Phone

If people want to roleplay in a way and its perfectly fine if it is within the rules. If what they did is not benefitting them in character and risking their lives etc its already against the rules

M

Reaction score
I think the rule should clarify that using OOC benefits is not a valid reason to risk their freedom.

3.24 Staying In-Character
Players are prohibited from bringing out of character information into in-character gameplay. Out of character information is defined as any information that would not be realistically accessible to your character. Common examples include discussing server rules during roleplay situations and initiating a raid on the sole basis of viewing illegal substances through a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.