Server Suggestion A bit of optimization: weaker pc's and cars. V6

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: A bit of optimization: weaker pc's and cars. V6
Suggestion Description: We all know about car input lag and FPS drops on weaker pc's Soo here i am! With some suggestions! (Btw sorry for bad english, ya know italians are dum) Alr lets Begin!
●For the New V6 Paralake map, dont ya think that more rendering makes more FPS drops? Well, i think the new V6 should be a bit smaller, and make render less that players can be lookin the city at Normal FPS.
●Cars, We all know Input lag, its anoying, Its bad and sometimes gives you trouble by the PD. So, i know this is alot of hard work, and time, But, Really the cars Script should be rewritten, something can be changed for sure.
●Optimization in general, Most players know that if you press: F1, An PERP menu will appear, then on settings you can enable/Disable some optimizations settings, where i am heading with this? Well, Just add more optimization features, maybe light or smth.
●Lower a bit polygons, Too much polygons to render in paralake, cars, or In general players, You can try lower a bit the poly's for V6, a bit of FPS after all.
■Hope that can be usefull, love you <3

Why should this be added?:
- More optimization will catch the intress of newer players/Low end gamers (like me)
-Paralake/PERP will be in a playable state.
-Reduced the times of input lag on cars/In general
-No more complaints about optimization/input lag.

What negatives could this have?:
-Graphics will be bad (optional in F1 thingy)
-Map smaller= Things being cutted off
-If the map is getting rendered less it means u cant see that far away.
-Alot of time taken for new cars script

Reaction score
Everything I am about to say is purely opinion.

●For the New V6 Paralake map, dont ya think that more rendering makes more FPS drops? Well, i think the new V6 should be a bit smaller, and make render less that players can be lookin the city at Normal FPS.
I would rather have the current map. FPS is already pretty decent, the map does not contribute much to my FPS drops. Proof of that is that my FPS is 60+ on low player count pretty much everywhere.

●Cars, We all know Input lag, its anoying, Its bad and sometimes gives you trouble by the PD. So, i know this is alot of hard work, and time, But, Really the cars Script should be rewritten, something can be changed for sure.
I disagree, this time to code a completely new car script could be used on optimization or new content. I'd rather have that. The car handling takes some getting used to, but it is not all that bad.

●Optimization in general, Most players know that if you press: F1, An PERP menu will appear, then on settings you can enable/Disable some optimizations settings, where i am heading with this? Well, Just add more optimization features, maybe light or smth.
Players can already use an array of commands to increase FPS, there are several guides on the forums.

●Lower a bit polygons, Too much polygons to render in paralake, cars, or In general players, You can try lower a bit the poly's for V6, a bit of FPS after all.
I really don't think this is worth the time in any way.

All in all, there are already several things a player can do to increase their performance. I'd rather have the focus on things that are out of player's controls, such as network/serverside related performance issues.

Reaction score
V5 is the fastest, Most optimised version of Paralake, and it had more visuals to render than its predecessors. Downsizing the map won't do anything in performance either. You're only rendering everything you can see.

What drew you to the conclusion that it's the Lua behind cars that causes this issue? The FPS issue from cars doesn't matter if the car is in use or not, It's the rendering of the cars, Not the code. The "FPS Drops" from cars is because the cars are high poly models with a lot of detail, and your game has to render them. There's no real fix to this that's practical as the models are a third party model (TDMCars, who ported the models from Forza I think?)

I don't understand where you're coming from with this. All optimisation options that are specific to this game mode are accessible via the in game menu, as well as other common FPS Boosting commands. There are far more options accessible via the gmod console that will increase your FPS.

Could you give some examples of areas you think should be reduced in quality to make up for lost FPS? This is awfully vague.

Reaction score
I disagree, this time to code a completely new car script could be used on optimization or new content. I'd rather have that. The car handling takes some getting used to, but it is not all that bad.
We still lying to ourselves, saying the handling is fine?
Sure you can drive, but when you have to react a whole second before you turn is a bit of an issue quite often.
It would probably make police chases a lot more interesting...