Astrophotography and space!

Reaction score
I'm jealous! That's a really neat mount, that's always where the money goes. Currently stuck with the standard Dobsonian wooden mount so I'm limited to visual astronomy, I could only dream of producing those kinds of photos.

Not really the time of year but pics of Jupiter or Saturn would be awesome to see on your setup.
Above the latest post there was a picture of jupiter but that was taken on my old celestron scope first one we had. i havent took pictures of jupiter on this one but we have looked with eye peices and nothing can beat it even seeing the rings on saturn in quite clear definition.
We upgraded the mount first it made a huge difference in tracking no more elonged stars and much higher exposure for the hidden detail.
eec36614433bdd00f3b3c543f23977cf.png
Heres the setup before we got the new telescope.
wheres nerd rating when you need one

Reaction score
I'm gonna move this to hobbies as its less likely to get buried there.

Reaction score
damn ya'll revived this thread

I have no telescope but I tried it with my Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm, a simple tripod and my E-M10 Mark III S. It turned out pretty alright, just needs some after touching in Lightroom to actually make out the moon but its possible to shoot at ISO 200 because the moon is so damn bright. I may have a better picture somewhere, I could only find this one for now.
gK1PdsT.jpeg

Haven't done any actual astrophotography of galaxies yet (also because there haven't been many days without clouds) but its easy enough. Will try sometime, got a nice prime lens not too long ago.