Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Maia
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: tincan
Your Roleplay Name: Bobby Plant
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:126007236

Why were you punished?: 1.2, 3.4, 3.20 - User used a racial slur, refused to cooperate under gunpoint then disconnected when arrested. No intention to play the game properly

Why should this appeal be considered?: I want to start off by apologizing for my behaviour during the time of the ban. It's been about 7 months since I've received it and I had plenty of time to reflect on how my actions affected the people I interacted with. I want to genuinely apologize to Maia personally for the way I conducted myself in dealing with the police chase and the comments I made during it and the subsequent arrest. It is important to me that you know I'm not making any excuses for my actions, however, I do believe it is necessary to provide context for the use of a racial slur and the fact that I disconnected after being arrested. As a guy with darker skin I'm aware of the impact of racial slurs and discrimination especially on a server like this. Being banned permanently is something I would expect to happen. In no way do I condone or excuse my behavior based on my race. Rather, I acknowledge that my actions negatively impacted the roleplay situation in the heat of the moment and is inexcusable and I take full responsibility for my actions and the consequences that followed, I should've known better. I understand that my behaviour not only violated the rules of the server but also disrespected the principles of mutual respect especially towards a police officer. I can assure you that something like this will never happen again. To address the second part of my ban, I left the server after being chased down and arrested [presumably targeted for having a shotgun on my back] and for that there's no context or explanation needed. I failed to comply with the officers commands at gunpoint because I was tired of losing my stuff and tried to get away. At the time of the incident, I hopped on the server to wind down after finishing a work shift. I was noticeably frustrated and exhausted and it is my fault that I let my emotions get the better of me. I regret any inconvenience caused. I've taken the time to read the server rules and I will make sure my past mistakes will NOT happen again.

Additional Information: I find myself often thinking about and wanting to hop back on the server, being drawn to the uniqueness of it as it is the only server I ever really play on. I politely ask for your consideration for a reduced sentence and a second chance to participate in the server community. All of the friends I've made here are still playing on this server and I have no intention to end up back here again. I am also aware of my past record and dedicated to upholding the rules and contributing positively to the community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.