Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Aquaa
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: T1on
Your Roleplay Name: Tom Wright
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:97120210

Why were you punished?: 4.1, 2.5 - Recklessly driving as an RC worker going on the wrong side of the road in parker tunnel and seemingly intentionally swerving into oncoming traffic which resulted in someone dying and their car being wrecked.

Why should this appeal be considered?: As i explained to the admin, i was roadcrew driving through parkers tunnel responding to a call out, i have a 10 month old son who sleeps behind me, he made a weird noise so i turned round to check and when i looked back i drifted into the opposite side, i tried to instantly turn back but the roadcrew trucks are terrible for turning and i lost control which made me hit someone head on killing one of the 2 passengers. I understand what happened and i apologise for that, i did apologise to the player and repaired his car for free, but i think its ridiculous that reckless driving as a government employee is against the rules. You're telling me that real life legal employees such as mechanics and delivery drivers dont drive recklessly? it shouldn't be a rule but should be against the law, if i were a citizen driving my personal car it would of been a complete different outcome. Thanks for your time

Hello, hopefully I can provide some insight into the specifics of the rules in order to minimize confusion; Had this accident taken place while you were a civilian, you could still be punished for 3.15 Vehicle Damage and/or 3.22 Highway Driving (on top of the 2.5) instead of 4.1 Follow The Law. In this case however, you were on duty as a government employee, which means that you must follow the law. Mechanics and delivery drivers in real life may drive recklessly, but they aren't employed by the government, like in this case. Unfortunately, sometimes accidents still result in a formal punishment.

Good luck!

Back