Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Bnjemann @phoondos
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: Borat
Your Roleplay Name: Bob Boogly
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:180694545

Why were you punished?: 2.5 - User shot and killed a player he was gunpointing before the person had enough time to react. // Banned for enforcer phoondos

Why should this appeal be considered?: Hello,
In this situation, I was raiding and attempting to hands up an org member, who was part of a group we were beefing with. I had ran up to him as soon as he left the property, but he either had not hear me or acknowledged me and ran back to the front door. I ran to the front and aimed my weapon, saying hands up 5X for approx. 3 seconds, and when he looked in my general direction and attempted to close the door, I shot because I was focused on the defenders behind him pulling out weapons and panicked.
There are a few considerations into why I received this ban, firstly I took too long to initiate the hands up, even if he was running or ignoring me, I should have clearly said, I have a gun pointed at you, (description of player), put your hands up or die. Instead I was trying to get his attention, saying, "hey... hey bro..." until he was at the door trying to close it. Secondly, and the biggest problem, I should not have shot the player when I did, even if he did understand what was going on, I should have let him close the door and at least waited until I was 100% sure that they were false gun-pointing. Staff member Phoondos also reminded me that if I am standing in the doorway, it will not close anyways, so I could have just stood there and repeated to say hands up to the 3 individuals in the doorway. Lastly, I have to consider latency, I am from the US and so even though I ran up and said hands up for approx. 3-seconds my time, there may have been an audio delay, so it could have been that the player only heard a second or two of me saying hands-up, this part im not sure about because I never received the players clip, however I should consider this into my determination of whether they understand they are under gunpoint.
Considering my ban history, I have had 2 counts of 2.5, however both were because I had killed cops for different reasons, I had learned from those experiences the rules about killing cops and have never repeated those mistakes. Additionally I have been actively trying to not violate the rules, and have recently been on a good streak. Here was an error of timing that I will never let happen again because I will not shoot unless I absolutely know that they are knowingly ignoring the gun-pointing.
I apologize for my quick reaction and the inconvenience to the player involved.

Last edited: